(18 yrs old) how concerned should i be

widowspeak

Reaction score
my hairline has receded a lot in the past 2 years and i am just wondering bad it is and if i should do anything about it. my hair is extremely thick and wavy and my grandad on my moms side has a full head of hair at 70. all my uncles have little to no recession. i have put gel in my hair everyday since i was about 7 or 8.

2z821s6.jpg

11wfwau.jpg

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post was held in moderation. Approved. Bump.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Widowspeak.

Your pics are not very clear. Are you sure this is male pattern baldness or is it just a mature hairline? I recommend you go see a dermatologist, only a doctor can say for sure.

widowspeak

Reaction score
pretty sure it is. although there are slight red marks where it recedes and it is kinda itchy at times. maybe it's some slight fungal condition.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
those pictures are not very clear!!! your temples look a bit receded for your young age but I don't think your hair is thinning!!!..go to see a dermalogoist!!!

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does look like you have a big of temporal recession, but then again it could be a mature hairline. See a dermatologist as soon as possible.

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
moar opinions.........

pls respond

Goin by your hair and your family history I wouldn't worry as your well within a mature hairline and it's still really nice and thick.
your at that age now when maturing hair happens to lots of us guys. My hair did the same thing at 18 (temples raised 1cm), 11 years later it's more like 2cm now and my family has several bald men at my age.
so in other words a bit of frontal hair loss doesn't always mean you'll be bald anytime soon.
Only time will tell or a diagnosis of course , patients and observation is the key now before any action is taken.