18 years old... hair getting awfull(pics)

LezEpy

Reaction score
Hy guys,
This is my first post on this forum and i come with the hope that in the future i will survive with my hair .. which is becoming more and more damaged.
Im only 18 years old but my hair condition is not the best. Of course you cant wait to be a bald person at this age but as my hair is going im pretty sure that i`ll be in the next years.
I also have to mention that my dad and my grandfather are bald .. but i wish i wont be like them.

Here are a few pics with my hairline ...

I tried till now minoxidil for 2 months and a few more products none of them helping at all.. maybe minoxidil a bit

Sorry for the quality.. the pics are taken with my phone camera

t1cx0.jpg

t3pe5.jpg

t2jq3.jpg

t4pt8.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont see anything to panic about. You probably are destined to be bald based on your relatives/genetics but it'll probably happen at the same age as it happened to them (I doubt thats over the next few years).
However if you get on finasteride in the future it could possibly save you from that fate.

LezEpy

Reaction score
I know man that my fate is written to get bald over the time.. but i would do anything to stop this ; I am too young to loose my hair and i`ll fight until the end.
If you could advice me something to improve my hair condition that really works , i would be very glad, coz i know there are many in my situation and maybe someone got cured .
finasteride is not the right medicine i wanna start at this age , but its an option for the next years if my hair will get worse;

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LezEpy said:
If you could advice me something to improve my hair condition that really works , i would be very glad

the only proven treatment is finasteride, followed closely by minoxidil.

then you have your spectral, your revivogen, your green tea extract, your tricomin and all sorts of other stuff that doesn't work :mrgreen:

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Stay away from finasteride, it's NOT a cure, just a crutch and too many people get sexual side-effects from using it. Start off by using T-Gel and Nizoral Shampoos. After a few months add essential oils (like emu oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, etc), then add Tricomin which is basically a SOD. Clean up your diet, take a multi vitamin each day along with fish oils and green tea.

LezEpy said:
I know man that my fate is written to get bald over the time.. but i would do anything to stop this ; I am too young to loose my hair and i`ll fight until the end.
If you could advice me something to improve my hair condition that really works , i would be very glad, coz i know there are many in my situation and maybe someone got cured .
finasteride is not the right medicine i wanna start at this age , but its an option for the next years if my hair will get worse;

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
note: finasteride did not work for ViperGTS, that doesn't mean it won't for you!

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea finasteride may be a crutch, a bit crude but whatever, Fortunately a crutch is all most people need. Anyways I'm 18 and I would gladly take your hair over mine I'm already an nw2 so don't be bothered by it. finasteride worked for me so when your hair does actually start receding it may help you as well. If sides do start just jump ship and shave that head.

Kiem

Reaction score
Finasteride is probably the only reason I still have most of my hair after 9years. It will not grow back hair but will maintain what hair you have now. Keep using minoxidil, if it has worked for you. You may experiance a decrease in labido with finasteride but at your age ( I started finasteride at 19yr also) it will probably come back in full force. Like vipergts said, there is no cure for hairloss but you can slow it down dramatically with finasteride.

LezEpy

Reaction score
Wat do you think guys about minoxidil, it worths a try for my temples which are very affected?! finasteride.. i wont go for it at this moment

s.a.f

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Stay away from finasteride, it's NOT a cure, just a crutch and too many people get sexual side-effects from using it. Start off by using T-Gel and Nizoral Shampoos. After a few months add essential oils (like emu oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, etc), then add Tricomin which is basically a SOD. Clean up your diet, take a multi vitamin each day along with fish oils and green tea.

Diets and shampoos? :shakehead:
finasteride is the best option by miles. Its the only thing worth trying.

LezEpy

Reaction score
I will give a shot to the second option which is minoxidil.. even that till now i didnt here no one getting real results with this product but im waiting for an improvment; finasteride could be dangerous for my age i think , from what ive researched

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
vipergts said:

finasteride has worked for me and thus far has done for 31 months and counting,i still have the same hair that i started with and rogiane foam/nizoral has improved the quality of it and brought my temples down somewhat.finasteride didnt work for Vipergts but it does for many.

As for sexual sides i get massive increases in libido but that could just be me and therefore finasteride hasnt had any effect at all on my libido :dunno: :)

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are hoping that finasteride will work for your hairline , it probably won't and will make it worse imo , i havent seen anyone who has even maintained the hairline with finasteride alone and i have seen far too many posts about finasteride destroying hairline ! and the same thing happen to me.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wish people would stop saying finasteride destroys the hairline. it doesnt. it simply doesn't HELP the hairline. so when its maintaining/thickening your crown/midscalp, and your hairline continues to recede at its genetically programmed speed, it may appear finasteride is the culprit.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
i wish people would stop saying finasteride destroys the hairline. it doesnt. it simply doesn't HELP the hairline. so when its maintaining/thickening your crown/midscalp, and your hairline continues to recede at its genetically programmed speed, it may appear finasteride is the culprit.

It's LESS effective there. It still works to a certain extent, but these follicles tend to be more susceptible to DHT even at lower serum concentrations (Finasteride decreases serum DHT by over half, but doesn't eliminate it altogether)

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:

That's what I assumed, it wouldn't make it worse, just not help it as it continues at its current rate.

However, is that scientific fact?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seriously , I was worse off then you at 18. I started balding at 17 and it got more aggressive at 18. Its slowed down tremendously since being on finasteride for a couple of months , but it is still rather thin. Your best option is to hop on finasteride now in my opinion along with nizoral.Try to not think about it as much. Nobody actually really gives a sh%t you are balding but yourself. When I was going to school I used to think everyone thought I was the balding guy.In all fairness , I just thought about it so much that it was constantly in my head. Just take care of your hair with shampoo and conditioner along with nizoral+finasteride and try forgetting about it for a while..

Also to take your mind off things you should try working out and gaining muscle.