18 years old and looking into Topicals...Help please

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, heres the deal. I havent started "balding" per say. I mean I am diffusing liek a couple hairs, but thats it. However, I would like to block as much DHT as I can before I go bald. What topical solutions do you people advise? I don't want to go into finasteride yet, because I rather not take drugs and just topicals.

Thanks.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Nutrifolica, Nisim Shampoo, Nizoral, head & shoulders.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
jedimindtricks said:
Alright, heres the deal. I havent started "balding" per say. I mean I am diffusing liek a couple hairs, but thats it. However, I would like to block as much DHT as I can before I go bald. What topical solutions do you people advise? I don't want to go into finasteride yet, because I rather not take drugs and just topicals.

Thanks.

Start off with 2% Nizoral shampoo twice weekly, it may be all you need at this point.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
visit http://www.lipoxidil.com or http://www.elsomresearch.com for topicals everything else described here is shampoo's unless that is what you are after. My personal experience with Nisim's expensive product line was very disappointing.

Best of luck with anything you try. You could also look into some internal anti-oxidants and EFA's just to help your body out.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have not yet ordered anything from lipoxidil but am considering their lypozyt plus. I have ordered stuff from elsom research and have been satisfied with their ZomaZor product.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
If you scan through all these posts that have been going on FOR YEARS - they are pretty much the same. The things to do to stop hairloss and encourage regrowth ARE:

1) take a 5ar inhibitor
2) use a shampoo to reduce inflammation
3) use a topical to reduce inflammation

Regards
Pete

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the input guys. I bought Revita Shampoo, and I am using that 3 times a week. I am also eating salad 3 times a day, drinking only water, and eating zero fat foods. I also am excercising daily and meditating and doing yoga. I also drink pomegrenate juice daily, which is an anti-oxidant to the max.

However, I believe I need more things. Can you guys give me a product that is a 5ar inhibitor, and whatever else I need to use?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
If I were 18 and just starting to thin: I'd try a regimen similar to this:

Revivogen Therapy Serum
Spironolactone 5%
Nizoral 2% Shampoo (2x weekly)
Revita shampoo (5x weekly)
Tricomin Therapy Spray and Emu Oil at bedtime

Basic "hair" vitamins and supplements.

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
If I were 18 and just starting to thin: I'd try a regimen similar to this:

Revivogen Therapy Serum
Spironolactone 5%
Nizoral 2% Shampoo (2x weekly)
Revita shampoo (5x weekly)
Tricomin Therapy Spray and Emu Oil at bedtime

Basic "hair" vitamins and supplements.

I don't believe I am beggining to thin yet or anything, my hairdresser told me that I am showing no signs of balding yet. He said he has 100s of people that get haircuts that are balding, and he tells them if they are. And he is no bullshit artist. He won hairstylist of the year award in the country.

I am trying to prevent any hair loss in the future, thus I have started Revita, is there anything else I can do? I have long surfer hair/adrian grenier hair so it would be hard to put any topicals or oil in my hair. And I do not want to take drugs.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Revivogen serum is a liquid that contains a lot of beneficial "natural" ingredients.

spironolactone 5% is a cream and helps fight DHT (as does Rev supposedley).

Tricomin and Emu Oil are just generally good for your scalp and hair follicles.

And you've probably been reading a lot on the forum already about Nizoral 2% and Revita.

If you're concerned, I'd still go w/ my suggestions as stated about - but perhaps put off the Revivogen and spironolactone until you really think you need to crank up your regimen. Maybe you'll never have to.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
what does revivegen do?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Read Michael Barry's posts.

Look into Nanoguard shampoo, as it has superoxide dismutase, and to help (maybe) with DHT, it has stinging nettle and pygeum africana.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jedimindtricks said:
And he is no bullshit artist. He won hairstylist of the year award in the country.

That is the most classic comment I have ever read.