18 years old and despaired

Rocklee

Reaction score
Hey guys!

First off all sorry for my english.
English is not my mother language.

Im not sure when the hairloss started. I think between 16-17.
My father is a NW6. My grandfathers also.
My big brother is 27 years old and his hair is like my hair.
I have diffus hairloss.
My confidence is so small because of the hairloss.
Its so hard to look in the mirror everyday.
I was shortly before to give up.

BUT:
Then i start to search.
I cant accept this fate.
I want fight vs the Androgenetic Alopecia.
And so i find Finasterid and Minoxidil.
2 days later i found the "BIG 3".
At this point i start to be hopeful.
Im not sure if it works for me. But i have to try it and find out!

I start Minoxidil Foam 3 months ago.
I start with Finasterid four weeks later.
Nizoral Ket Shampoo is since 3 weeks in my regime.

The first three minoxidil weeks were the hell.
I shad 300-400 hair in this days.
But quit the minoxidil was no option for me.
Now my hair looks worser then before i start the Regime.
But the Shedding is over.

Three months on minoxidil and two months on Finasterid are to short to see a positive effect or?

I have to be patient.
Maybe i learn something for my life.
Maybe i can bring my hair back.
My biggest problem zones are the Tonsur and the top of the head.
The hairline is okay.
With Toppik i get a good result.
But i want my hair back.
More then anything else...

Its good to talk about that..

I hope some people could unterstand my feelings..
And someone could answer my question.

And sorry for my english..
Its not so easy to talk about a topic like hairloss in an other language..

Lg Tom

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
get back on the minoxidil and stay on the finasteride that is WAY too short to see results and minoxidil is SUPPOSED to make you shed at first it is normal. Start taking the minoxidil again. That loss at the beginning is only temporary. You aren't going to regrow hair in a matter of weeks its a long term drug.

Rocklee

Reaction score
I know... To be patient is not easy for me... But i have to relax and believe that the Regime is working for me.
One day i want to look in the mirror and can say: Hey, my hair looks good..
I hope someday this dream became real.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We do too friend, but to dream I am told we still gotta be asleep. All the best.
I know... To be patient is not easy for me... But i have to relax and believe that the Regime is working for me.
One day i want to look in the mirror and can say: Hey, my hair looks good..
I hope someday this dream became real.

Rocklee

Reaction score
We do too friend, but to dream I am told we still gotta be asleep. All the best.

Yeah... Youre right. Thanks fr your words!

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics...
Its very bad and im very sad in the moment :(

its very diffus. Is finasteride working for Androgenetic Alopecia like that? :/
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Picture 2

Is there soneone who thinks i can get my hair back? :(
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I hope someone coul give me hope..

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride can work very well in cases such as yours, definitely try finasteride for at least 1 year. There is no guarantee though. In aggressive cases finasteride may not be enough, in which case I would try dutasteride, a much stronger drug, but with greater chances of side effects. Start on finasteride and minoxidil, record your progress, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your case does look aggressive though. If after a year you haven't regrown/maintained, than maybe try dutasteride. Combine with minoxidil for the best chance.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
As for me, you have great succes chances - almost untouched hairline, and you still have hair. Big 3 should definitely work very well for you.

Rocklee

Reaction score
Finasteride can work very well in cases such as yours, definitely try finasteride for at least 1 year. There is no guarantee though. In aggressive cases finasteride may not be enough, in which case I would try dutasteride, a much stronger drug, but with greater chances of side effects. Start on finasteride and minoxidil, record your progress, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your case does look aggressive though. If after a year you haven't regrown/maintained, than maybe try dutasteride. Combine with minoxidil for the best chance.

Thanks for your answer man.
Youre right. I have nothing to lose. Im 18. I cant start earlier with the fight vs Androgenetic Alopecia..
I will order Dutasterid after a year when i see that finasteride is nit strong enough..
I cant do more then hopeing and take my regime..

Lg

Rocklee

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks for all your answers.
Helped me a lot.

There is one thing i want to say now.
Hairloss changed my life in two sides.
On the one side i lost very much of my confidence and im often very sad because of the situation on my head.
Most girls in this age want full hair and so i thaugt without that im not a real man..
But i realized how stupid this way of thinking is. Thats very superficial..
I have to be patient and to be consiquate with my regimen.

One last question before i quit the forum until i see the first progress

I wanna do everything for the best possible result.

Should i start with dutasteride twice a week? I know its a much harder drug then finasteride... But much stronger. Its my life and i hope you can give me your oppinions about that topic..

all the best!!

[/FONT]

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can start with dutasteride twice a week and work your way up to daily/every other day

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, give the finasteride a year, and then you know any success comes from that. It takes around a year to see results as hair cycles are slow. You're on a good regimen, and I think you will get some good results :)

Rocklee

Reaction score
No, give the finasteride a year, and then you know any success comes from that. It takes around a year to see results as hair cycles are slow. You're on a good regimen, and I think you will get some good results :)

Thanks, i will do it that way.

lg

Rocklee

Reaction score
image.jpgHey guys!

Yesterday i ordered a new pack Minoxidil foam.
Now i am 104 days on Finasterid and i think 150 days on Minoxidil.
Here some pics..
I really hope the time will work for me..
I know that i cant have my hair for alive.. But maybe for a couple of years to have a normal youth...

Some pics...

image.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also do non-medical things to make your hair look thicker. Try getting toppik volumizing shampoo + conditioner, get a haircut which is shorter on the sides and longer on top

Rocklee

Reaction score
Yeah i know. I will cut it down today..
And i ise topic since 2 month.

My question is wheter my regimen could make my hair thicker.
When i see no results until 1 year i will order Dutasterid.. Maybe my hairloss is to aggressive for finasteride. But we will se in the future..

Lg

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know. I will cut it down today..
And i ise topic since 2 month.

My question is wheter my regimen could make my hair thicker.
When i see no results until 1 year i will order Dutasterid.. Maybe my hairloss is to aggressive for finasteride. But we will se in the future..

Lg
I think I would take dutasteride if I were you. With finasteride, people see moderate regrowth at best, it's usually used for maintaining, whereas the regrowth effect can be dramatic with dutasteride. You're very young and it's a good thing, it means your follicles have started miniaturizing only a few years ago. Dutasteride could help you regrow most of them.
Well the risks are higher than with finasteride and you do what you want to your body, but I think it's your best shot.

Rocklee

Reaction score
I think I would take dutasteride if I were you. With finasteride, people see moderate regrowth at best, it's usually used for maintaining, whereas the regrowth effect can be dramatic with dutasteride. You're very young and it's a good thing, it means your follicles have started miniaturizing only a few years ago. Dutasteride could help you regrow most of them.
Well the risks are higher than with finasteride and you do what you want to your body, but I think it's your best shot.

Yes... I think so too..
I have absolutely no Sides from the finasteride. My Libido is as good as before.
Maybe then i will have also no sides from the dutasteride..

How would you do it?
Taking finasteride 5 days a week and dutasteride 2 days a week?
Or quite the finasteride and start the dutasteride for every third day?
Or dutasteride only every day 0,5mg?

Is dutasteride much more effective in my case then finasteride?

All the best

Reaction score
Hello again Rocklee,

I've studied your input and there is very little that I could tell you considering the fact that I only did take minoxidil for 6 months before stopping it definitively.

What I can say is that diffuse thinners like yourself respond very well to the big 3 , I've read many threads about this.

I don't know what to say other than this , I have a very limited contribution to come with regarding it.

I don't want to be misleading or giving bad hopes