18 year old with receding hairline

Jamsonjams

Reaction score
My hairline started receding when I was 16 and I'm almost 19 now and have just started using Rogaine. I've used the foam twice a day on my temples for almost a month now. I've been losing more hair since, and when I look at my hairline now it is significantly further back than it was before I started using rogaine. What are my options now? I don't want to make my hairline any worse, I'd be fine just maintaining the amount that I had before. Please help me I don't want to go bald until at least after college.

berict

Reaction score
So, Nizoral is an over the counter shampoo that is a mild anti-androgen, for starters, get that. Use as directed. As far as drugs, consult you're doctor for Finasteride. Love.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I personally think you are still too young to start on finasteride. Many will disagree so it's up to you. You may not see results from minoxidil. for several more months yet. Commit to it for at least a year before you totally rule it out. If you want you can also add nizoral shampoo. Goodluck
My hairline started receding when I was 16 and I'm almost 19 now and have just started using Rogaine. I've used the foam twice a day on my temples for almost a month now. I've been losing more hair since, and when I look at my hairline now it is significantly further back than it was before I started using rogaine. What are my options now? I don't want to make my hairline any worse, I'd be fine just maintaining the amount that I had before. Please help me I don't want to go bald until at least after college.

Jamsonjams

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of stories about how rogaine destroyed people's hairlines, does that really happen often? I really don't want to accelerate my hair loss.