18 year old story.

Zireael

Reaction score
Hey guys! As the title says, im 18. I don't really have any hairloss, mothers side has no balders, dads side has 1, and its his brother. I grew my hair long( around my neck) when i was in 9-11th grade, after that I cut it off. Now I've got short hair around 1 or 2 inches, recently dyed black with henna( didnt like my dark copper color). I made an account on here because I have noticed I have a receding hairline, I guess. I'm not so sure, the temples are empty, I naturally have a big forehead( daily reminder by my sister), But my dad laughs and mocks me about going bald like his brother. So you see my dilemma. I'd hate to go bald, I don't really loose much hair, but today while showering, I looked at my hands and noticed a lot of hair in my hands, my mother tells me its because im on antibiotics and that i havnt been eating well (I'm sick atm). I looked at my hairline today, I see lots of super tiny hairs in those empty temples, and around the hairline I see shorter hairs, are they baby hairs? What should I do? It's really bugging me and making me super anxious. I read up online, and want to buy 10mg biotin pills with some
Pura d'or Argan oil anti-hair fall shampoo.
Any help would be great, as of currently, im panicking.

Thanks!

PS. I used to have anaemia when I had longer hair( back then my hairline didnt have this empty temples problem, just wanted to mention this)
[h=5][/h]

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
By the sounds of it you are receding although :worthless:

Those shorter hairs around the hairline are most likely miniaturized follicles, it's the process in which male pattern baldness occurs. Your hair will fall out and then regrow again thinner and shorter, it will repeat this cycle until eventually the hair falls out and does not regrow.

The ones in your empty temples could be 2 things. They are either vellus hairs which have sprouted up, Vellus hairs are unlikely to grow without stimulation. Or they are more miniaturized hairs, if it is the latter then an Anti Androgen like Finasteride or Dutasteride could regrow them and your temples could fill back in again.

Unfortunately you have not posted pics so no one here can say for sure if you are balding, my best advice would be to visit a dermatologist (preferably one of the few who actually know anything about hair) ASAP and get a verdict from them. If they are reluctant to prescribe finasteride because of your age then you can purchase it online instead.