18 Year Old - Am I Balding? Need Help.

JFLAtMtBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you seem to be balding. Your situation is not that bad but could get quickly worse in the next years... Take an appointment with a good dermatologist specialized in hair and made a therapy with him. Remember that the treatment is not a cure and you have to use the drugs every day of your life, usually the most used drug is finasteride, which is a 5AR inhibitor... if he advises you this drug just be sure to know the sides effects and pretend to be strictly followed in the therapy.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From those photos, it looks like you are balding, but it is best you make an appointment with a dermatologist to get it confirmed. Finasteride and its stronger alternative dutasteride are the most effective male pattern baldness treatments we have that are currently available, but these drugs can have sexual and other side-effects in a minority of people who use them.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've been dealt a pretty bad hand as far hair genetics goes. It's thinning but not obvious yet and you can still turn things around if you start treatment soon. It's a big decision to make so choose carefully.