17M, do you think I’m a hyper responder?

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am balding at the bright young age of 17, and it started probably around the time I turned 16. I started treatment at what I would consider about a Norwood 2.5 and would say now I’m kinda a weak Norwood 2. I have been using minoxidil 1x ED for a lil over 2 months, finasteride 1mg ED (yes, despite my young age) and check out my results, personally I think these results are pretty shocking for the short amount of time I’ve been doing treatment and others have said the same.
3B05BFEE-0CA1-4F97-9EDC-5ADF37422B2C.jpeg
BBF2BB36-E106-485D-BA77-AE3DA6A71D9D.jpeg
3DAC9E69-5ED1-4B9D-B0DB-611C68E48C4B.jpeg
1st is before treatment, 2nd is after treatment for 2 month. 3rd is after treatment 3 month.
03024D87-1924-4E9D-8995-E2F818968624.jpeg
5D70F46C-38E6-4BA0-AED7-939E37ABADB8.jpeg
711453DD-38BC-4B09-9519-B744B544DADA.jpeg
8A9098FB-3D19-4E8B-9635-28EFB2925B54.jpeg
CD70CF0D-D498-47C5-A4FE-6ED1B190CFA8.jpeg

First photo was back in September of 2020 (didn’t start treatment til December 2020), Second photo was in early January 2021, Third photo is from the February 2021, Fourth photo is from March 2021, the last photo is how how I style my hair. I’ve looked all over the internet and haven’t been able to find any my age who has responded super well super fast to treatment early so was just wondering what y’all think about this.

P.S, I figure someone is going to ask so I might as well answer. Yes I did have sides on finasteride, for the first week I had some very mild sides that honestly didn’t even bother me too much. These sides were lower libido, lower EQ (15%), and watery semen. However, after the first week all of these sides went away and I am now completely side effect free and feel fine.

2/26/21
Update: I have been doing tretinoin on my hairline 2-3 times a week to potentially increase my results.

7AE97795-7FED-4396-9A86-F7D3AC940AFA.jpeg
6D1E9A16-F9BD-4607-88BF-03D626A2C4D0.jpegDFF8AEAD-048C-4EB6-9A66-6AE46B9EDCA7.jpeg
12-2020, 01-2021, 02-2021

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem like a fast and good responder, probably to minoxidil since such good regrowth is unlikely to be due to finasteride. Did you experience any shedding? How is your family history?

You may want to eventually try microneedling or dermarolling on the areas where you apply minoxidil, maybe tretinoin 0.025% cream too. This stuff could amplify your good results and would be a way to see if such good regrowth is due to minoxidil. You seem to have recovered a lot of your temples which is awesome. Don't you ever stop using Minoxidil for more than a month because you may lose a lot of hair and it may not come back.

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem like a fast and good responder, probably to minoxidil since such good regrowth is unlikely to be due to finasteride. Did you experience any shedding? How is your family history?

You may want to eventually try microneedling or dermarolling on the areas where you apply minoxidil, maybe tretinoin 0.025% cream too. This stuff could amplify your good results and would be a way to see if such good regrowth is due to minoxidil. You seem to have recovered a lot of your temples which is awesome. Don't you ever stop using Minoxidil for more than a month because you may lose a lot of hair and it may not come back.
Yes, I agree with you on it being from minoxidil, there’s no way finasteride could do that in only 1 month. I’m gonna get a dermapen soon and I have also been looking into getting trentinoin. I experienced heavy shedding only a couple days after starting minoxidil, I was pretty confused as everywhere I looked I saw shedding only usually started like 2-8 weeks after. My dad started going bald at 20, and today at 56 he is a NW7 and has been for over 20 years, my dads dad maintained NW2 hairline until 40s and then when he died in his 70s he was like NW5, both of my uncles (moms side) are NW4 in their 50s (only 5-7 years prior they were like NW2), my moms dad is a NW2 at 82 (clearly didn’t get my genetics from him lol), and my older brother who is 23 has a NW2 is maybe slightly balding. I don’t plan on ever stopping minoxidil, it’s literally so easy to apply I don’t why people complain about it being such a hassle.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re probably going to shed like a mother fucka, kid. You’d better be strong.

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re probably going to shed like a mother fucka, kid. You’d better be strong.
ohh i already did lmao, my hair looked awful for a hot second and i was wearing beanies constantly. my shed started a few days after starting minoxidil, however it seems recently that i’ve started shedding a little from finasteride.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From aggressive hair loss to aggressive reversal, very lucky, you are NW1 with a normal forehead in the last pic.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
very similar loss pattern and success pattern I went through, do not stop and only add to the regime if you start loosing ground,

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not recommended to start fina when you are under 18 years or a late bloomer!!!! If you are not fully developed it could have serious consequences aka MicroPenis.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not recommended to start fina when you are under 18 years or a late bloomer!!!! If you are not fully developed it could have serious consequences aka MicroPenis.
Nobody is fully developed at 18. There's no magical thing that happens with your brain and body at 18. It's and arbitrary number.

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why I would recommend him to use only low dosages of fina at his age, if he can't /doesn't want to wait anymore.

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
how can you suddenly develop a micropenis when your penis already well over 6 inches? are you seriously telling me that most 17 year old have underdeveloped penises? btw i was a early bloomer who started puberty at only 9 years old.

Last edited:

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody is fully developed at 18. There's no magical thing that happens with your brain and body at 18. It's and arbitrary number.
most of development is done is done by 15-17, and yeah 18 is an arbitrary number but generally speaking once most development is done it really isn’t a big deal, it would only ever matter and be a bad idea if i started in early or mid puberty.

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score

i could care less about having a beard, i do have almost full coverage but it’s patchy as hell, however even if i do want i beard at some point i can always just use minoxidil and and microneedling on my face for better beard.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t need to read that. I’ve seen myself and my friends develop after 18 even.
You’re desperate so I get it, but the truth is, long term, that plan is stupid. You have aggressive hair loss so even finasteride and min won’t hold you for long, and when you start thinking “what is my beard was thicker?” You rub min on your face and cause premature ageing. Yes it does happen.
So you see, your long term plan is still bald at 30, but with worse skin and very possible side affects.
The question is, is better hair in your teens and early twenties worth it? Maybe it is. I wasn’t in your position.

thebaldingteen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t need to read that. I’ve seen myself and my friends develop after 18 even.
You’re desperate so I get it, but the truth is, long term, that plan is stupid. You have aggressive hair loss so even finasteride and min won’t hold you for long, and when you start thinking “what is my beard was thicker?” You rub min on your face and cause premature ageing. Yes it does happen.
So you see, your long term plan is still bald at 30, but with worse skin and very possible side affects.
The question is, is better hair in your teens and early twenties worth it? Maybe it is. I wasn’t in your position.
i really wouldn’t use that sh*t on my face im just saying that as a hypothetical, i have a strong jawline so i don’t really need a beard. and if you think finasteride and min is my long term plan for hair loss prevention you should no that you couldn’t be more wrong. i have a whole plan layed out, treatments that i will add, potential hair transplants, plus things more might come out in the future, im essentially willing to go nuclear when it comes keeping my hair, because if anything would prematurely age me it would be hair loss.