Attachments

• IMG_20180309_011546_709.jpg
    IMG_20180309_011546_709.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 291

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairlines are like Santa Claus. Makes you feel better to believe but does not exist in real life.

Mature hairline is just a polite way of saying, slight male pattern baldness

I would hop on propecia keep it from getting worse

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairlines are like Santa Claus. Makes you feel better to believe but does not exist in real life.

Mature hairline is just a polite way of saying, slight male pattern baldness

I would hop on propecia keep it from getting worse

Well THERE actually ARE cases where "slight male pattern baldness" just stops after slight temple recession, so people just gave it a name to differentiate between both cases, since a mature hairline doesn't necessarily look bad (sometimes it even gives the face a better overall shape)

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well THERE actually ARE cases where "slight male pattern baldness" just stops after slight temple recession, so people just gave it a name to differentiate between both cases, since a mature hairline doesn't necessarily look bad (sometimes it even gives the face a better overall shape)

With the exception of Norwood 0 which is a femine hairline more hairloss never looks better than less. You are really diluding yourself if you think otherwise. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Jensen anckles are examples of older men who still look good and youthful because they still have Norwood 1’s.

The phrase “mature or age appropriate hairline” is really being pushed online a lot by hair transplant doctors as an excuse to offer sub-par results and not transplant temple areas - which are difficult to do because of the different angles of hairs. What sounds better “we will transplant you to slight baldness” or “we will give you a mature hairline.” I actually think this is where the idea of a mature hairline looking better comes from.

FYI male patern baldness can slow down anytime based on dht sensitivity of hairs. Getting a “mature hairline” is caused by the same mechanism as regular old male pattern baldness - DHT sensitivity, and is a good indicator that you are not immune to the baldness gene.

Never heard of someone getting a “mature hairline” at 17 then holding onto it past 40.

Good example:

That guy looks 3x better as a Norwood 1 than a Norwood 2

Sladewilson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With the exception of Norwood 0 which is a femine hairline more hairloss never looks better than less. You are really diluding yourself if you think otherwise. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Jensen anckles are examples of older men who still look good and youthful because they still have Norwood 1’s.

The phrase “mature or age appropriate hairline” is really being pushed online a lot by hair transplant doctors as an excuse to offer sub-par results and not transplant temple areas - which are difficult to do because of the different angles of hairs. What sounds better “we will transplant you to slight baldness” or “we will give you a mature hairline.” I actually think this is where the idea of a mature hairline looking better comes from.

FYI male patern baldness can slow down anytime based on dht sensitivity of hairs. Getting a “mature hairline” is caused by the same mechanism as regular old male pattern baldness - DHT sensitivity, and is a good indicator that you are not immune to the baldness gene.

Never heard of someone getting a “mature hairline” at 17 then holding onto it past 40.

Good example:

That guy looks 3x better as a Norwood 1 than a Norwood 2

I don't know what your point is. You must certainly agree with me that there are A LOT of cases where male pattern baldness just stops after small temple recession. Call it a mature hairline, a "nonmalignant" male pattern baldness, whatever you want, but it still exists. And that's what the OP is trying to find out !

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what your point is. You must certainly agree with me that there are A LOT of cases where male pattern baldness just stops after small temple recession. Call it a mature hairline, a "nonmalignant" male pattern baldness, whatever you want, but it still exists. And that's what the OP is trying to find out !

Well my first point is that a Norwood 1 will always look better than a Norwood 2 “mature hairline.” So don’t tell the kid he’s going to look better with more hairloss. Saying otherwise is just BS

My next point is I have never heard of a guy getting a “mature hairline” at 17 and keeping it forever or even until 40. It’s established that a “mature hairline” means the person will bald at some point. Op’s hair is a good indicator that He will go bald sometime in the future. How fast is really about his genetics but a “mature hairline” shows he is not immune to dht.

I would consider a “mature hairline” especially at an early age as a warning sign of dht sensitivity. And a good time to get on preventative treatments.

Like I said more hair always looks better so why lose more hair if you don’t have.

In my personal opinion OP should get on Finasteride, assuming a doctor says it’s safe for his age.

If OP was 30 I would tend to agree with you that the hairline is nothing to worry about but since he is young and DHT sensitivity increases with age I would advocate for preventative treatments

Last edited: