17 years old, it's over. Complete recession and thinning

BruhHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I posted here a few years ago when I started receding. Well this is my hair now and I'm not even 18. Probably one of the worst cases ever. Over the 3/4 years I've been balding I've realised that there is no cure, if you have the genes, you will go bald. You can destroy your hormones with finasteride and Min and hope for the best but that's up to you. You can get a transplant but you need to take finasteride for that anyways. Any other treatment is placebo. It sucks that I got so unlucky. When it comes to looks hair is everything, hair is youth, hair makes or breaks a face. I never got to experience being attractive because of my hair, but there's nothing you can do. I guess my message or conclusion from this is that it's not bad to give up. Sometimes you can't fight your genes. You have to accept it, your hair won't magically come back. Enjoy it while you have it.

Attachments

• IMG_20221103_202056.jpg
    IMG_20221103_202056.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 261

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont give up, just wait until you're old enuff and do the big 3. You are still hella young, might be able to gain all your hair back. Dont read all the other bs about finasteride, the sides are rare as f***, I wish I grew some balls and took it at an early age. I've been on finasteride for 2 years and no sides.

BruhHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont give up, just wait until you're old enuff and do the big 3. You are still hella young, might be able to gain all your hair back. Dont read all the other bs about finasteride, the sides are rare as f***, I wish I grew some balls and took it at an early age. I've been on finasteride for 2 years and no sides.
Even if I started all 3, there's no guarantee it'll work. For some it makes it worse, with my luck it will. Also I just can't afford all that stuff

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started finasteride at 18 and got everything back. At your age it won't give you sexual side effects. You can try and in 10 years there will be something better

loner67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I posted here a few years ago when I started receding. Well this is my hair now and I'm not even 18. Probably one of the worst cases ever. Over the 3/4 years I've been balding I've realised that there is no cure, if you have the genes, you will go bald. You can destroy your hormones with finasteride and Min and hope for the best but that's up to you. You can get a transplant but you need to take finasteride for that anyways. Any other treatment is placebo. It sucks that I got so unlucky. When it comes to looks hair is everything, hair is youth, hair makes or breaks a face. I never got to experience being attractive because of my hair, but there's nothing you can do. I guess my message or conclusion from this is that it's not bad to give up. Sometimes you can't fight your genes. You have to accept it, your hair won't magically come back. Enjoy it while you have it.
Hey, first of all I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Your situation is pretty advanced taking into account your age. With that said you need to cut down some of this blackpill thinking. Reading everything you said is just too depressing.

Sure, hair does a whole lot of difference to most of us, 80-90% of us don't suit the shaved look. But you have to act right now and it might help you mentally aswell, knowing that you're doing something against it. Do you know where your male relatives are in relation to hairloss? This can give you a good idea of what norwood pattern you inherited.

If you're content with the way you matured so far(given that you're almost 18 I doubt you'll grow much taller/wider in bones or anything) you should definitely start finasteride, atleast a quarter every other day because it makes a huge difference in stopping/slowing hairloss. There's a big chance you can recover a big chunk of that mid section since it does seem like it's fresh. Sure, you'll never be a norwood 1 but you can maintain a solid norwood 2.5-3 if you respond well. Buy proscar or any other generic because it's much cheaper and it comes in 5mg. Also, minoxidil could help you for regrowth(especially if you're stabilised on finasteride). You said you can't afford all of these but proscar+kirkland is pretty cheap. You can talk with your family and tell them that it really bothers you, I'm sure they would help you financially...

Give it 12 months atleast and see if the situation is better. Also, it seems that you keep your hair too long(sides/back hair)and it just makes everything look bad/unkept. I would try to keep it short, especially on the sides.

Kvasir

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride at 17 and managed to regrow a lot and now I am 20 and getting a hair transplant in two weeks to restore my temples
Don't give up