17 year old on dutasteride/ PICS

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
So im a 17 year old. Ive been on dutasteride for 2 weeks now.

Before this I was on finasteride for 5 months. There was no time in between me stoping finasteride and starting dutasteride. My hairloss got worse quite a bit during the time that I was on finasteride. I did not take pictures of my hairline in the beggining but take my word for it that my right side was a NW1 with little to no minaturization. As you can see it got much worse. This is why I started dutasteride.

This first picture is how much I shed after running my hands through my hair for about 2 minutes. in that pic there are like 100 hairs it doesnt show very well. What do you guys think is that a shed or just more loss?

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

paQqV

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/paQqV#17RnV7h

Heres the album on imgur all the Pic are here

- - - Updated - - -

Also what really kills me is that the entire hairline is receding not just the corners.

Any advice, does anyone think I could regrow any hairs with minoxadil or maintain this and maybe regrow with my current regimen?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think you gave finasteride enough time to work....but that ain't any of my business. Who prescribed you dutasteride at 17? Your hair doesn't look bad at all

Reaction score
It doesn't look like you're balding, at all... It looks like you're just trying to make it look like you are. Perhaps you should have had your testosterone levels checked before you took finasteride. What's your family history with baldness?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like you're balding, at all... It looks like you're just trying to make it look like you are. Perhaps you should have had your testosterone levels checked before you took finasteride. What's your family history with baldness?

Did you look at the puctures I posted ... like all of them?

It was really hard to take good pictures of it buy Im 100% sure I'm balding. My hairline has gone to crap can you not see how awful it looks. My entire family tree is bald. Dead serious. Now one person in my family tree has a full head of hear all NW7

Reaction score
That really isn't that bad compared to my hairline, and I'm 2 years younger than you. But seriously, taking finasteride at 17 and risking erectile dysfunction and growth stunting over some minor hair loss really isn't the way to go.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
though it shouldn't be used before 20

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
That really isn't that bad compared to my hairline, and I'm 2 years younger than you. But seriously, taking finasteride at 17 and risking erectile dysfunction and growth stunting over some minor hair loss really isn't the way to go.

so what you're 15 with a worse hairline? Im gonna need to see pics for proof

- - - Updated - - -

though it shouldn't be used before 20

Ill take my chances with the side effects, everybody matures at a different rate. Your statement generalizes too much. I havnt changed any since 15 and at 15 I had more facial hair than most guys in their late 30's

19 yo nw7 ftw

Reaction score
I saw someone talking about testosterone level, is that important for hairloss ? cause i'm 19 and on dutasteride since 1 week ( was on finasteride for 1 month 2mg/day )and i don't have any side effect at all yet, is it the sign of non effectiveness of these drugs ? ( i have LOTS of body hairs in arms legs chest etc maybe a sign of high testo, added to hairloss ? )

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw someone talking about testosterone level, is that important for hairloss ? cause i'm 19 and on dutasteride since 1 week ( was on finasteride for 1 month 2mg/day )and i don't have any side effect at all yet, is it the sign of non effectiveness of these drugs ? ( i have LOTS of body hairs in arms legs chest etc maybe a sign of high testo, added to hairloss ? )

no to both your questions