17 year old hair loss

Wowjpk

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hello I'm 17 years old and last year I realized my hairline was receding. Since then, in October I started my minoxidil treatment and have been using that typically once a day sometimes twice with a few missed doses here there.

Here are pictures of my hairline in November

https://imgur.com/a/TXexV

Here are pictures of my hairline today in March

https://imgur.com/a/c6xQu

To me it seems pretty clear there is regrowth but that could just be my hopeful thinking. What is your guys opinion? I feel as if the hair has been the same height for a while so I don't know if it will ever actually grow into hair I could style. I also have started using Nizoral 1% shampoo and dermarolling 1.5mm once a week.

I have also thought about starting finasteride. I know the side effects but I could start it and if I get some stop. But also I don't want to go to the doctor to get a prescription in person because it's pretty embarrassing to me. I've tried to buy it online but it all requires prescriptions so I'm pretty much out of luck with that. Any advice would be appreciated.

also if you guys have any other suggestions for stuff to add to my regimen i would appreciate any advice![/FONT]

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 17 too going through hair loss like you. It does seem like your hairline is thickening. I'm in the same boat as you with starting finasteride, I know it's probably safe but all these scaremongering stories on forums is what's putting me off, anyway I have a derm appointment in a week so I'll see what he says. But see how it looks in a couple of months or so, but don't be checking it everyday like I do, that crap will drive you crazy. finasteride is probably the best defense against mbp, especially aggressive mbp, which is what we have.

Wowjpk

Reaction score
Hi Ben thanks for your response. I know what you're saying, I also used to check it a lot which could be really depressing. I haven't seen any shedding at all since the start of minoxidil so that's looking good but I don't really remember seeing shedding at before using either. My hairline just sorta surprised me because I typically had long hair lol. I will continue using minoxidil for now until I figure out if I'm comfortable with finasteride. That might not be until I'm 18 as I don't want to stunt my growth.

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I tried finasteride for like 2 days on 0.5mg daily, and I was worrying about the implications so much, literally searching for studies to comfort me, it drove me crazy.

Wowjpk

Reaction score
Yeh, I tried finasteride for like 2 days on 0.5mg daily, and I was worrying about the implications so much, literally searching for studies to comfort me, it drove me crazy.

How'd you even get it? If I could get it I probably would have tried it but I don't want to go to the doctors to get a prescription and it's required to get s prescription. Did you get one?

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
How'd you even get it? If I could get it I probably would have tried it but I don't want to go to the doctors to get a prescription and it's required to get s prescription. Did you get one?

I got it online from Doctor fox, I don't think they deliver to us though, but I'm certain there are sites out there that will deliver to us without prescription. All I had to do was fill out a questionnaire, basically to cover their asses if something went wrong.

Wowjpk

Reaction score
I got it online from Doctor fox, I don't think they deliver to us though, but I'm certain there are sites out there that will deliver to us without prescription. All I had to do was fill out a questionnaire, basically to cover their asses if something went wrong.

So did you just get a prescription from Doctor fox and use it to buy finasteride on another site?

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
So did you just get a prescription from Doctor fox and use it to buy finasteride on another site?

No I wasn't even a prescription. I has to answer a few questions like, am I aware that this drug is for men blah blah blah, they have a 'doctor' look over it and confirm the purchase, ask in this forum for sites into the us that don't require prescription. Oh and if u do buy it, buy the generic stuff, same drug as propecia, massive price difference.

superduperkyle

Reaction score
prescriptions

Hey, I strongly suggest people do not get finistride from places that do not require a prescription. Its probably a scam.

Jstews18

Reaction score
Nice results

Your results look great. I'm 18 and have been experiencing hair loss for a couple of years. Is it more likely that at my age I could see better regrowth on my temples?

Wowjpk

Reaction score
Most likely since the hairs haven't been dormant as long. I'd say give it a try. If not you might regret it later!