17 y/o What Norwood am i? Is it bad?

Emkoemo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Im only 17 and about 4 months ago i noticed that my hairline isn't straight. Since then i am losing my mind. What norwood am i and is it that bad as i think? My grandfather went bald very early and i'll be honest im pretty scared
280955240_5363013827095567_5673059245365048652_n.jpg

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Im only 17 and about 4 months ago i noticed that my hairline isn't straight. Since then i am losing my mind. What norwood am i and is it that bad as i think? My grandfather went bald very early and i'll be honest im pretty scared
.View attachment 180320
Ur going bald get on finasteride oral or topicall and 1 to 2mg oral minoxidill or topical. But yes ur gonna go bald.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have any baldness that I can see. Take pictures and compare in 6 months. Losingbattle is just bitter about his own life so he tries to destroy others.
Ru f*****g stupid? His grandfather was bald Young. And I do see signs of recession. This was exactly my case too f*** face. Im trying to save the guy from depression. Simply using minoxidill wont cut it. I inherited my hairloss only from my grandfather. And it kept getting worse and worse over the years. He needs treatments now asap.

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 180320
I'm not getting involved in the big 3 at 17 debate, and whether it's worth it, it's never ending. They work for some and some have major side effects, period.

Either way whether you do or don't use finasteride etc you should avoid anything that drastically increases DHT. Your hair looks absolutely normal in that picture, I know plenty guys in there 40s who had a hairline like yours at 17 and never lost more, almost everyone looses some ground around hairline around your age. But impossible to know, maybe it will continue to receed, so it's always a gamble. Maybe starting finasteride and minoxidil will kick start male pattern baldness by messing with your hormones etc, or maybe if you do nothing it will get much worse. There is no correct answer at this stage.

Even if you don't block DHT with meds, controlling it should help, something often overlooked. For example DON'T go mad at weightlifting, avoid steroids and creatine like the plague etc etc. Also don't wash your hair with harsh shampoo everyday and avoid conditioner on scalp, if you must use it only use on hair and wash off completely.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 180320
Do you think you look bald? You know the answer already.

Why not worry about something else at 17

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole 2% shampoo can help until you're old enough for finasteride

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to slow down balding process as soon as i can knowing that my grandfatger went bald early

Man, this is my thoughts and not everyone will agree with it.

Wait until you see how your hairloss IF IT DOES AT ALL progresses. Is it a diffuse pattern or just hairline receding? If it is diffuse you’re fucked and probably nw5 or nw7 in future. Get on finasteride to fight it but at an early age take breaks and don’t use finasteride much. You need DHT in your early youth, it’s a really important hormone for neuro too and not just sex.

if you’re hairline receding, man just focus on something else and ignore your hairs. Nobody gives a crap about nw2/3 except other baldies, it can be styled, combed over, girls don’t give a crap and you have options. Hair transplants will give amazing results because you’ve plenty of donor area to get not just coverage but density. Stay off toxic drugs like finasteride and min or any hairloss treatments, all hairloss treatments are trash and toxic including saw palmetto.

The picture you showed me you’re just obsessing over, ugh. I had slight hairline recession at 17, slight diffuse thinning in my 24 but it wasn’t until 29 that I started going proper bald and heading to nw6. If I had started finasteride at 29, it wouldn’t have affected my life socially.

Others will suggest you to get on finasteride and min even if you notice slight recession but that’s absurd to me. Hair is important but is so health.

Emkoemo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, this is my thoughts and not everyone will agree with it.

Wait until you see how your hairloss IF IT DOES AT ALL progresses. Is it a diffuse pattern or just hairline receding? If it is diffuse you’re fucked and probably nw5 or nw7 in future. Get on finasteride to fight it but at an early age take breaks and don’t use finasteride much. You need DHT in your early youth, it’s a really important hormone for neuro too and not just sex.

if you’re hairline receding, man just focus on something else and ignore your hairs. Nobody gives a crap about nw2/3 except other baldies, it can be styled, combed over, girls don’t give a crap and you have options. Hair transplants will give amazing results because you’ve plenty of donor area to get not just coverage but density. Stay off toxic drugs like finasteride and min or any hairloss treatments, all hairloss treatments are trash and toxic including saw palmetto.

The picture you showed me you’re just obsessing over, ugh. I had slight hairline recession at 17, slight diffuse thinning in my 24 but it wasn’t until 29 that I started going proper bald and heading to nw6. If I had started finasteride at 29, it wouldn’t have affected my life socially.

Others will suggest you to get on finasteride and min even if you notice slight recession but that’s absurd to me. Hair is important but is so health.
I mean overall my hair is great. I have thick curly hair but my only concern is hairline which isn't straight. I will do as you said-wait until i see some strong evidence that my hairline is receding more but for now i will try to focus on something else. Thanks.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 180320
It's hard to tell from that tiny little photograph, but I think it's safe to say you can stop freaking out because if you are showing any signs of baldness at all - and to be honest, I can't see any - then it's very minimal.

What you should do is take a better photograph, and then compare that photograph to another one in 6-12 months.

Don't get on finasteride. I doubt any doctor would even prescribe it to you. It will mess up your natural male hormones at your young age.

For what it's worth, almost nobody has a dead-straight hairline. Having a dead straight hairline is extremely unusual, even in women.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from that tiny little photograph, but I think it's safe to say you can stop freaking out because if you are showing any signs of baldness at all - and to be honest, I can't see any - then it's very minimal.

What you should do is take a better photograph, and then compare that photograph to another one in 6-12 months.

Don't get on finasteride. I doubt any doctor would even prescribe it to you. It will mess up your natural male hormones at your young age.

For what it's worth, almost nobody has a dead-straight hairline. Having a dead straight hairline is extremely unusual, even in women.
True. My sisters all got recession. But it stops there.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean overall my hair is great. I have thick curly hair but my only concern is hairline which isn't straight. I will do as you said-wait until i see some strong evidence that my hairline is receding more but for now i will try to focus on something else. Thanks.

Even if you’re balding I wouldn’t get on finasteride until the 20s. I forgot the exact age but brain development continues even into 20s

The good thing is unless you’re extremely sensitive, you won’t get bald until 29/30s

HairKing20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ru f*****g stupid? His grandfather was bald Young. And I do see signs of recession. This was exactly my case too f*** face. Im trying to save the guy from depression. Simply using minoxidill wont cut it. I inherited my hairloss only from my grandfather. And it kept getting worse and worse over the years. He needs treatments now asap.
age?