17 with reciding hairline ( thinning corners)

Reaction score
not sure if im just really paranoid or not, but im starting to see hair thinning around the corners and whenever i wash my hair i always find hairs in my hand, not sure if its always been like this and im just really realizing it now ( also this year is the first time ive ever actually grown my hair out)
btw thank all you guys for the help 1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 1,691

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to be rude but is there a question you were asking here?

I agree you have recession. Hop on finasteride is pretty much the only thing you'll hear around here.

Best of luck man!

- - - Updated - - -

Not to be rude but is there a question you were asking here?

I agree you have recession. Hop on finasteride is pretty much the only thing you'll hear around here.

Best of luck man!

Reaction score
ahh i was just seeing if i have bad recession and where id be on the norwood scale, along with if getting finasteride on 17 is a good idea

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh i was just seeing if i have bad recession and where id be on the norwood scale, along with if getting finasteride on 17 is a good idea

I think you are beginning to have a receding hairline, but I would recommend that you do not start finasteride until you're definitely done with puberty. When you turn 18, it should probably be fine.

There are other things you can use for now that should be okay, such as minoxidil (Rogaine), which can help. 2% ketoconazole shampoo should help as well (https://attackplan.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/helpful/).

Fall

Reaction score
That does not really look like just an receding hairline. Especially at that age. Sorry to say that you are seem to really have male pattern baldness. Anything you would like to do now?

I would recommend seeing some expert about that and getting some opinion from him.

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
does it seem like like a really bad reciding hairline ? and/or is it thinning ?
but thanks ill look into it

All I can see from the picture is the receding hairline, but that is a general sign of male pattern baldness.

- - - Updated - - -

minoxidil isn't harmless. it can mess with your face skin and make it old looking.

Oh I agree, minoxidil isn't absolutely without any negative effects. I simply meant that it wouldn't interfere with his endocrine system in the same way finasteride might, if he is still going through puberty.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like male pattern baldness to me, it's just an asymmetrical hairline. Look for thinning hair behind the hairline , if there is, you're losing hair.

Reaction score
sorry

sorry dude but it really does look like MBP. Either you'll go bald or you'll lose some more before it settles down, maybe an NW3. It likely won't stay like that if you don't start treatment