17 with receding temples (help!)

nest306

Reaction score
Hi im currently 17 years old and i dont know what norwood am i. Both my temples are receding but the way my hairlooks brushed down you cant really tell. but please tell me what norwood am i and whats going to happen? am i going to be bald?please help im really freakng out and be completely honest. Foto del día 9-13-15 a las 12.33 AM #2.jpgFoto del día 9-13-15 a las 12.34 AM.jpgFoto del día 9-13-15 a las 12.33 AM.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Pretty deep recession for a 17yo. There is really no way of telling how much hair you will end up losing, but starting at 17 usually isn't a good sign. Not that it will be much help, but have you seen your doctor. Although unlikely, maybe you aren't losing your hair due to male pattern baldness.

abdo123

Reaction score
as akward as this may sound i started Finasteride on my 18th birthday. i had some serious recession too.

the more rapid the recession is the more effective Finasteride is, also a spray of minoxidil on the temples once a day does miracles too

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Finasteride really is the best weapon we have to fight male pattern baldness. I was just hesitant to recommend it to a 17yo. How are you responding to the medication?

abdo123

Reaction score
Quite fine, no annoying day1 sides ... i can feel my sexual desires "tonned down" but it kinda make me last longer so it's all good brother xD

nest306

Reaction score
s

what can it be then?
Pretty deep recession for a 17yo. There is really no way of telling how much hair you will end up losing, but starting at 17 usually isn't a good sign. Not that it will be much help, but have you seen your doctor. Although unlikely, maybe you aren't losing your hair due to male pattern baldness.

- - - Updated - - -

i have not been doing anything to it. i dont even know who to see some people say that it could stop right there. because my crown isnt even thinning or balding.
Finasteride really is the best weapon we have to fight male pattern baldness. I was just hesitant to recommend it to a 17yo. How are you responding to the medication?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If you have a strong history of balding YOUNG in your family, then your chances are higher. However right now, I would just use Rogaine foam if you are concerned as you are too young for finasteride. Your hair is just maturing from a juvenile to a mature one. You are approaching a NW2 but that could stay like that until your 40s.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like male pattern baldness to me, go see a good derm or hair transplant surgeon if you want a better answer.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your dad has a full head of hair at 41 chances are you will too. Maybe go on a small doze of finasteride like .25 mg a day, get a doctor to prescribe it. You look like a Norwood 2 at this point, better than 95% of us.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't make an MBp diagnosis based off those pics. Be better is family history and father. How receded are your dad's temples? You could also ask when his started to receded.