17 with receding hairline - help?

rcz748

Reaction score
I would use finasteride, but I'm 4 months away from turning 18 so i'm not sure if I can get a prescription. I don't even know where to go to get one, and I don't really trust online stuff. My hairline has gotten a little bit worse, and people are starting to notice. How screwed am I?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't hop on finasteride...
You should be able to atleast delay your male pattern baldness for atleast a good 3 years, wait untill you're 19 I say to be safe.

rcz748

Reaction score
After one and a half months using minoxidil and nizoral, I'm still really worried. My hairline looks very rough and more uneven than it was when I started treatment. Maybe it's just the results of shedding and I should see regrowth soon, or maybe the thinning is getting more aggressive. If it is the latter, it's pretty serious, given that it's only been a month and a half. There may be some small new hair though. I also visited Bosley recently, and they confirmed that my hair is miniaturizing. Should I be alarmed, and is there anything else I can do until I'm 18 and old enough for finasteride?

CAM00851.jpg

rcz748

Reaction score
It's been a bit over 2 and a half months since I started using minoxidil, and my hairline is looking really weird right now. I have a bunch of little hairs around the border(especially on the right side), but the edge of my thicker hair seemed to have receded a bit (compare to my baseline picture). Is it possible for these smaller hairs to blend in with the rest of my hair in a few months, and how long would that take? I plan on starting finasteride 0.25mg in around 2 months when I turn 18, and i'm still scared of how much hair I'll lose until then.

CAM00955.jpgfsdfsdagsad.jpg

thaxceptional1

Established Member
Reaction score
its funny how the future generation seem to care so much. when i was 18 and noticed hair loss i didnt care that much.

shookwun

Reaction score
hate to tell ya bud but it's further miniaturizing

rcz748

Reaction score
Why should I not care? If I can do something about a problem I have, I would take the risk.

Shookwun are you saying my hair got worse? I thought at least some of the smaller hairs were from regrowth since they were not that visible before compared to my baseline picture. Of course I'm still going on finasteride soon to deal with miniaturization in general.

JonnyKid

Reaction score
Go see a dermatologist man and don't listen to anyone here.
everyone is different and don't get discouraged

shookwun

Reaction score
without finasteride it will keep further thinning out. These new sprouts are just further miniaturization.