17 with mysterious hair loss in the scalp and body

mfarrukh

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm 17 and I've had hair loss for a couple years now. It was generally a couple hairs on my scalp here and there. It started probably when I was 13. I had a full head of hair and I couldn't see my scalp or anything until last year when i was 15. My hair loss exacerbated last year in 2015 and this year. At first I noticed increased scalp hair loss and my crown was somewhat visible. Then I noticed increased hair loss on my (excuse me for the extra details) pubic area. It then increased on my thighs and calves. After that I noticed some hair loss from my eyebrows and eyelashes. It's generally a body thing, as I type this I'd like you all to know that I still have loads of hair but I still lose a good amount every day, especially from the scalp. I visited a dermatologist earlier in May and they performed a scalp biopsy. I don't know what those test for but the results turned up nothing. I didn't visit one again because of a lack of time. I'm going to convince my parents to schedule another trip but I feel there's no point in visiting one. I feel like this isn't male pattern baldness, My hairline is not receding. My guess is that my hair loss maybe due to hormonal problems. I'll attack a couple pictures of my scalp. Also the hair loss is from all over the scalp, it's not like how when people only lose it from the top in mbp.
. hair loss 3.jpghair loss 2.jpghair loss 1.jpg

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can still have male pattern baldness with no hairline recession, from the pics you provided it looks like diffuse thinning. However, you said you got a biopsy which turned up nothing and more alarming is loss of hair elsewhere on your body. Possiby alopecia universalis/totalis cant remember which is hair loss all over.

mfarrukh

Reaction score
Thank you TD500, even though there is no hairline recession I do not think it's male pattern baldness. I don't think it has to do anything with testosterone either. I really just don't know what to do, my hair isn't shedding like crazy as it does with alopecia universalis/totalis. I lose a lot from my scalp mostly. If this minor detail may help, I've noticed that the white bulb that's attached to hair follicles has gotten smaller in the past couple months. Also, pretty much all of hair follicles have this.