17 With A Receding Hairline Please Help Thanks

Nathan Maciel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and I'm pretty sure my hairline is receding. My forehead has always been pretty big but I've noticed a larger area on the right AND left sides of my temples but I can't tell if my hair is miniaturizing and when I can expect the situation to get worse. My dads side has no history of balding at 20-30 but my grandpa on my mom's side became bald around 25 or so but he keeps telling me it's because he wore a helmet in the army that destroyed his hair.

I'm not buying it.

This is a picture when I was 13

And this is a picture now

If you guys could help me out that would be great. Positive or negative analysis of any kind could put my worry at bay. Thanks
Yeah

Attachments

• IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5066.JPG
    IMG_5066.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 258

Nathan Maciel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and I'm pretty sure my hairline is receding. My forehead has always been pretty big but I've noticed a larger area on the right AND left sides of my temples but I can't tell if my hair is miniaturizing and when I can expect the situation to get worse. My dads side has no history of balding at 20-30 but my grandpa on my mom's side became bald around 25 or so but he keeps telling me it's because he wore a helmet in the army that destroyed his hair.

I'm not buying it.

This is a picture when I was 13

And this is a picture now

If you guys could help me out that would be great. Positive or negative analysis of any kind could put my worry at bay. Thanks
Yeah

First picture is me now, second is 13

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly looks like that's just the way your hair is shaped, is there any thinning round the crown area? If you can provide us with more photos we can try to properly asses the situation but going of what your hair looked like when you were 13 I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just keep an eye on it for now and take periodic photos to see if it's getting any worse. Goodluck