17- Is My Hairline Receding Advice Please

Harold James

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright so starting over the summer I started noticing some differences in my hairline. I had longer hair than usual at the time so I assumed that it was probably due to that, and when I got my hair cut I was satsfied as it seemed the way it used to be. But now I'm noticing it again and my hair is shorter. Is it receding? I'm not noticing any hair falling out abnormally, maybe a few throughout the day and when I style my hair but that's it, and I've always had that. For the record my hair has always been pretty thin especially at the temples, I've always gotten comments about it even way back when.

Attachments

• IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2931.JPG
    IMG_2931.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2949.JPG
    IMG_2949.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 279

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leaning towards no, I don't think you have any issues. Yet, that is...

That said, those pictures suck. You should just put an image over your face, and show
the entire head.

Please show better hairline pictures.

Definitely don't think you have diffuse hairloss.

Harold James

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some better hairline ones @rclark

Attachments

• IMG_2955.JPG
    IMG_2955.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2955.JPG
    IMG_2955.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 262

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Impossible to say. Issue with hair loss at that young of an age is when it hits it can hit super fast. So even if we can't tell there is hair loss now, if you are losing hair, 1 year down the road it already be at a NW2-3. Based on those pictures it appears you have no hair loss. But if you want to be really safe, just schedule a dermatologist appointment to get a professional opinion. They can tell you if your hair is miniaturizing in any of the areas you are worrying about.

bunchies

Reaction score
Don't sweat it.

Take some really good pictures so you can compare in the future. It could be that your hairline is slowly maturing.
Some people on this forum like to overreact and tell you to get on minoxidil and finasteride asap.
You are 17 and should not touch that stuff until a few years. Besides you have a thick healthy bush of hair on your head.

Just stay healthy and don't stress ;)

cheers