17 and have a receding hairline... rating on the norwood scale?

idfrie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 17 years old and I am pretty sure my hairline is receding and was wondering if you could give me your opinions and if it is receding what I would be on the norwood scale? I fear I am in the late 2 early 3 stage and this is killing my confidence,I hate going out and especially hate getting my hair cut and going swimming as i am worried someone will point it out. I have always had a high hairline, at 12 I asked my parents if my hairline was receding ... I think it has receded a lot since then. I have pictures from when I was 15 and pictures from just a few days ago.

Pictures from February 2012:
W0cTh3j.jpg

mOSMBFu.jpg

VvXbj5m.jpg

YGxtvF6.jpg

qNTPB87.jpg

PUcvcfB.jpg

AWXsEkv.jpg

Pictures from January 2013:

gtYXnxK.jpg

pBtC692.jpg

BFR57wc.jpg

Vrb0j8u.jpg

b6NIUrR.jpg

If you want theres more images in my gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/JCrgX/all

I just linked the newest and oldest ... I'm very sorry if you think I am wasting your time but it truly is something that has affected me for a long time and I just want an honest opinion. Thank you.

hermandolol

Reaction score
Would say that you are a norwood 2 (mature hairline) but I strongly recommend that you go to a dermatologist and do the pull test or check for miniaturization just to be 100% sure.

Justeone

Reaction score
Your hair looks pretty good right now ... don't get overly worried... if you notice recession then you may want to try finasteride/minoxidil.and nizoral... and possibly dermarolling..those will help you hold on to what you got..and what you got now is great!