17 and balding

Pusha

Reaction score
I went through a stage as a 15 year old when i wanted to be a basketball star, and thought it would be cool to shave my hair and get a fade and a nice line up like ball players. I ended up doing my own line up and basically cutting out the temple part. It grew back, but I fear that it's done damage. Now I've had a year in another country with a bad diet, and I've let my hair grow on top.

I started getting more girls and getting compliments on my hair, but now I've noticed drastic temple thinning in the past few weeks. I can't just edge my hairline back so it just looks natural, because of the drastic curve it makes up top. As you can see from the photos it's going on both sides... What to do???

I've had this good thing going on with my hair... I don't want it to just *poof* vanish like this... 20140713_153930.jpgSnapchat-20140713061913.jpg

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are not another troll, post pictures that show thinning and before vs after pictures.
Posting pictures that are not close-up, and without before pictures is pretty dumb. Are you dumb?
Or maybe you feel low and are fishing for compliments?

Whether you have male pattern baldness or not, read some threads in the forum. Thousands have posted their stories and it is pretty darn clear what to do, if you have male pattern baldness.

Reaction score
Look like a weak Norwood 1 going on Norwood 2 or it just could be a mature hairline thats gong to stay with you pretty much your whole life. Is your grandfather on your mother and father side bald or have hair loss? At 17 yeah, being a weak Norwood 1, I wouldnt take the chance to see how its going to end in 10 years without any treatments. I would see a Dr immediately and start off something small like minoxidil. again, it could just be a mature hairline where it thins out and recession occurs and then it stops and stays there for the rest of your life.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
None of the things you listed that you did will cause hair loss, and you have no signs of recession in your pics

Pusha

Reaction score
If you are not another troll, post pictures that show thinning and before vs after pictures.
Posting pictures that are not close-up, and without before pictures is pretty dumb. Are you dumb?
Or maybe you feel low and are fishing for compliments?

Whether you have male pattern baldness or not, read some threads in the forum. Thousands have posted their stories and it is pretty darn clear what to do, if you have male pattern baldness.

Sorry about the photos I'm not currently in my house (being halfway across the world) and I did the best with what I had. It would be pretty dumbe being a straight male to fish for compliments on a site with a largely male membership. Simply worried about losing my hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

My grandfather on my mothers side has a full head of hair, would say that he has a Norwood 1, at around 75 years old. But my uncles on that side are going on type 2 and 3 hairlines, none of them have gone bald completely.