17.5 months on finasteride Update

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Have a look at my regimen.

OK, now I guess I am lucky compared to some of you guys as I am almost 28 years old and I am NW1.5 - 2.

I am a bit of a vain bastard which caused me to get on the finasteride as soon as noticed thinning of my right temple about 18 months ago. But hey it's best to start early while you still have most of your hair if get the chance.

Unfortunately my hair has only get worse I am afraid. I still think the finasteride helps but I am not very optmistic of its power to improve my temples and hairline.

I added minoxdil 5% about 13-14 months ago which doesn't seem to have done anythig either. I upgraded to Dr Lee's Xandrox 5% back in November and over the last few days my hairline has become noticeably shitty. With the beginnings of the dreaded mid-frontal notch starting to appear also.

I hope that this could possibly be a shed from the addition of xandrox and maybe also a seasonal shed as well.

I know only time will tell and I will keep everyone updated but sometimes you get days where you wonder if its really worth all the time, effort, money and stress.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Z said:
I know only time will tell and I will keep everyone updated but sometimes you get days where you wonder if its really worth all the time, effort, money and stress.

every day my friend.

best bet is to buzz it down.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm, im 30 years old and been on finasteride for over 8 months and minoxidil 2 months and Ive had fantastic results, hairline/temples and all

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
hmm, im 30 years old and been on finasteride for over 8 months and minoxidil 2 months and Ive had fantastic results, hairline/temples and all

I guess you are lucky then because our regimens are almost identical but i have been on mine for over twice as long.