16 Years Old With a high hairline all my life. treatment?

natural123

Reaction score
Hi, I am writing this hoping that someone out there can help me.

So I am 16 years old and I had a high hairline for most of my life. I never really thought much about it until high school where I started to get made fun of for it. I mean it wasn't that big of a deal but I never really noticed it until freshman year when some kids pointed it out to me. When I heard this I wondered if it had been like this my entire life or if I had just recently started to have a receding hairline. Looking back at old pictures I had always kind of had a receding hairline but never really noticed it because my hair was long. Now I cut my hair short and it is really evident. My father has a receding hairline as well and he is 46. Im pretty sure that its just a natural receding hairline that I inherited from my dad but I still wonder if there is anything that I can do for it. I really want a nice hairline because me being an african american (mom white/dad black) it is important to have a strong hairline. Are there any suggestions that anyone has that could help me with my problem. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Here is what it is looking like to help you better understand too.

[attachment=0:301ijukg]Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM.jpg[/attachment:301ijukg]

[attachment=1:301ijukg]Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #2.jpg[/attachment:301ijukg]

[attachment=2:301ijukg]Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #3.jpg[/attachment:301ijukg]

Attachments

• Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #3.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 6,109
  • Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM #2.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 11,642
  • Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM.jpg
    Photo on 8-21-11 at 7.15 PM.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 1,948

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know hat helps with hairline also because mines is disappearing. In addition to thinning all over.

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
I would just keep an eye on it now because you're young. Many African American men do seem to have somewhat straight hairlines but I think you look fine so I wouldn't worry about that. You can't take finasteride until you're 18 so hopefully it won't get worse until ten. Your hair looks thick now so enjoy your life. It is pretty lame that kids are teasing you for that hairline quite frankly. Ignore them!

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, I'm 16 too. My hairline's almost like yours, except a little worse. And thinner on top. Right now, yours just looks to be a mature hairline. Not everyone's hairline is the same straight edge. You're probably fine. If not, you'll notice a difference in a few months, and then you can start some kind of treatment if you want.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I say, watch it. Take pics of it. Then within time later, Take more and compare.

If it's not changing. Don't worry about it. But do take the pics and mark where it is now in comparison to later.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say theres no treatment that can reverse ur hairline.

There is a possibility that u could be a good responder to minoxidil, and u may regrow a little bit, but thats unlikely. Unfortunately to try it, u hav to be prepared to lose more b4 it regrows. But u risk being left with even less.

However if u recede further, treatments may be able to revert the hairline to wat it is like now.

We all know the sting of first noticing hairline recession, but the reality is theres isnt much u can do about it. Apart from hair transplants of course.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks like you losing a little at the corner of your hairline. Were the corners of your hairline always like that? What I mean is the hair in the corners seems to be thinner and finer than the rest of your hairline.

IF you want to try and crispin it up at your age you could start using Rogaine, just on the corners. I suggest Rogaine Foam. You can get it from ebay for pretty cheap. Get the scent free version. It will take literally 2 minutes per application. It says to use it twice per day, but lots get results with just one application per day.

Also I suggest Nizoral shampoo. It was shown to help in a studies. But being your 16 there really the only treatments I would suggest as your still developing. Keep the photos you have posted too. You may want to use them for reference in a few years. Phots like the ones you took are great to use as comparative tools. Your eyes tend to play tricks on you. Photos dont lie.

dontleave

Reaction score
I was born with a hairline like that, and im 24 now and its still the same... yours looks absolutely fine!

Nene

Reaction score
You can use rogaine for now. It'll help you get a sharp line up. If it gets worse, I would take propecia when you hit 20.