16 years old, what to do now?

ADS

Reaction score
Alright, I recently posted my story on here a little over a week ago. I'm 16 and in the past 8 months I've went from a pretty normal, maybe slightly receding hairline to a Norwood 2.5. I've done all the research and I just feel like there's no where to turn. I have bangs so I've been able to cover it up pretty good until now, it's getting kind of hard to hide. It has hurt my self-confidence tremendously and I don't go a minute out of the day without thinking about it. I am lucky enough to come from a pretty financially sound family. The only problem is I'm 16 and a hair transplant isn't an option. And from what I've heard, Minoxidil just causes a lot of shedding in the beginning and not much help after(I don't know how much more shedding i can take). Then I've been told I'm too young to use Finasteride. So what is there to do at 16 when you have your whole life ahead and still want to get married? Is there any hope to regrow/keep my hair?

J.Harrison

Reaction score
Remember, any hair loss treatment that actually works has a probability of causing a shed, including finasteride.

I would talk to a Doctor., and at least start with minoxidil and Nizoral. My shed from Rogaine happened about two weeks in, and lasted for about two weeks. It was quick. I know I was shedding, but it would be very difficult for a 3rd party to notice this.

ADS

Reaction score
Does anybody have any advice? It would be much appreciated. And thanks J.Harrison.

jokkepappa

Reaction score
They won't prescribe you finasteride, you're too young. If you feel like you want to do something my suggestion would be to try minoxidil. For me it has brought my hairline back from NW3 to NW2 in about 6 months. But I also use propecia.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres the chance that minoxidil will make your head itch causing you to scratch and thus cause further hairloss, this happened me.

Nizoral is vital, a nice shampoo for after nizoral like revivogen/regenepure or just a good shampoo that moisturisers your scalp. After this moisturise your scalp with a moisturiser.

This is if you have an itchy scalp which most male pattern baldness sufferers get. Take daily vitamin capsules, cant do any harm!