16 years old, NW2, receding since 13.

P_AC1999

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new here, and I wanted to have your opinion on this (I'm Brazilian, so sorry for bad english). My father isn't bald, and none of my grandfathers were neither, however, they all had receded hairlines (mature hairlines), and all of my uncles have them too. Some are more receded than others, but none of them ever had anything at the crown. I have 9 uncles from my mother's side, and 8 from my father's side, and only 1 uncle from my mother's side has diffuse thinning on the top of his head (he's 63 years old). Almost All of my uncles are already in their 60s and none of them are trully bald, however, I am only 16 and have noticed that my hairline had been receding since I was 13 years old, I mean, I'm not sure if it has already stopped receding but I can't see any difference in my hairline when i look at a picture of mine 2 years ago with my hair combed back. My father told me he also started receding at an early age, and that it stopped when it got to 1 point (his hair is very similar in texture to mine). Is it possible that my hair won't recede as much as his hair did? I'd say he's a NW3, and I'm currently a NW2, with very receded temples. (My dad's 68 years old)
Last week, I went to my barber and he told me there was no difference between my hairline 5 months ago and my hairline now, he also told me I had new hair growing around the hairline, I asked him if it wasn't miniaturizing hair and he answered no (he is bald so he probably knows how miniaturizing hairs look like). To be honest, i've ALWAYS had a lot of small baby hairs around my hairline, even when i was 11 years old i could see a lot of them.
I don't believe my hairline may have receded due to my super oily scalp or due to bad hair care (I used to exagerate a lot on the quantity of shampoo and conditioner I would apply to my hair, and most of the time I wouldn't completely remove it). I also used to sleep a lot on the right and left sides of my head. When i applied conditioner, i used to apply it at my scalp, not at the ends of my hair (i have really long hair).
I can't post pics of mine for now but i can tell you there might be no difference between my hairline when i was 14 and my hairline today, and if there is, it's really small. Also, I'd like to know if minoxidil and nizoral could slow down the maturation process if it's still happening.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you're 16, you have waaaaay bigger fish to fry.
I wouldn't worry about this right now, and just get out there and enjoy your teenage years; they go by fasssst.

P_AC1999

Reaction score
I'm not embarrassed at all by my hairline, it actually makes me feel more mature... I'm just afraid it will become a NW3. Also, I'm not like some other people who start restricting themselves from social activities because they're afraid people will notice their hairline. I wear really long hair so my hairline isn't visible at all, also, it is straight and a little wavy, which makes it even better... If i eventually become a NW3 like my dad I'll just get a hair transplant done (money isn't an issue for me)