16 years old looking for advice!please help

#.#

Reaction score
I'll be short.I am 16 years old and have a problems with my hair.Maninly shedding.What will you recommend for my male pattern baldness to make my hair thicker and to improve my hairline.I'll do everything you say :[.I would try almost everything except Propecia because of the age.At the moment i use Anacaps/Anaphase and Chronostim...
Please post a reply.Thank you.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
firstly,are you sure that your hair is shedding due to male pattern baldness? i suggest going to your doctor and having this diagnosed for sure.

For your age and if it is male pattern baldness then rogaine foam and nizoral 2% would be your best options until you are old enough to use propecia but def go to your doctor.:)

#.#

Reaction score
10x for givin' me an advice.I'll visit a dermatologist!Can I ask you one more question?Will I achieve any good results with the foam combined with nizorl.I mean can this combination stop the hair loss,make my hair a little bit thicker and regrowth some hair in the hairline. I'll be glad if you reply me :] . 10x a lot again

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everyone reacts differently so no-one can really answer that question... sorry :(

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
stampede said:
Everyone reacts differently so no-one can really answer that question... sorry :(

true,everyone does respond differently but if you want to give yourself the chance to respond positively then the nizoral and foam are the best things you could use :)

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
jr27 said:
whats wrong with propecia? im 19 and was considering it
He is way to young for propecia, he should def @ least check out other options , rogaine foam & nizoral sound like a reasonable choice, I would also add some green tea extract and some L-lysine just something to boost the regrowth process. Good luck!

Amilcar

Reaction score
Hello,

Go in a LOW sugar diet ( by sugar I mean everthing that is Glucose rich).If you are to see positive results (less hairloss) you should then consider a free-of-sugar diet.Also try to exercise (athletic exercises) yourself regularly.Expose yourself, moderately, to sun (dont be affraid of its effect on your hair as it makes scalp produce key compounds for the hair cycle). You seem to have a bad lifestyle or/and bad diet. You should correct it the sooner the better.

Best of luck.

amsch

Reaction score
Amilcar said:
Hello,

Go in a LOW sugar diet ( by sugar I mean everthing that is Glucose rich).If you are to see positive results (less hairloss) you should then consider a free-of-sugar diet.Also try to exercise (athletic exercises) yourself regularly.Expose yourself, moderately, to sun (dont be affraid of its effect on your hair as it makes scalp produce key compounds for the hair cycle). You seem to have a bad lifestyle or/and bad diet. You should correct it the sooner the better.

Best of luck.

Wouldn't rely on that, but you're never wrong with a healthy lifestyle :whistle:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's certainly nothing healthy about a free-of-sugar diet.

Amilcar

Reaction score
stampede,

If you didt start to see a correlation between glucose rich food and hairloss then you might want to do some research..

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amilcar said:
stampede,

If you didt start to see a correlation between glucose rich food and hairloss then you might want to do some research..

Sugar = inflammation = hairloss, I'll grant you that.

But what's good for your hair is often not good for the rest of the body...

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay, so you won't die because you'll force your body into ketosis. So, strictly speaking, you're correct, glucose is not completely essential.

However, without it, your breath will stink of sh1t, you'll get kidney stones, and your bones will demineralise. You'll also take another step away from normalcy and one towards being a neurotic fool.

Treat your hairloss by all means, but keep a sense of perspective.

barcafan

Reaction score
stampede said:
Okay, so you won't die because you'll force your body into ketosis. So, strictly speaking, you're correct, glucose is not completely essential.

However, without it, your breath will stink of sh1t, you'll get kidney stones, and your bones will demineralise. You'll also take another step away from normalcy and one towards being a neurotic fool.

Treat your hairloss by all means, but keep a sense of perspective.

What i meant was that you dont need to INGEST glucose. Your body can metabolize it from various foods which contain 0 sugar.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it can - Ketosis.

It's no good for you though, unless you have a pressing medical need (i.e., drug resistant epilepsy).

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
Who wants to eliminate sugar completely from his diet?
This is about reducing sugar, especially refined sugars.
Of course you will always need some of it in your body. But you wont life an unhealthy life if you reduce your intake of sugar to the extent that is absolutely necessary. And that is, in my opinion, not much.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alkulk said:
Who wants to eliminate sugar completely from his diet?
This is about reducing sugar, especially refined sugars.
Of course you will always need some of it in your body. But you wont life an unhealthy life if you reduce your intake of sugar to the extent that is absolutely necessary. And that is, in my opinion, not much.

Oh, I agree, us westerners eat far too much in the way of refined sugars. Reducing this is a good idea, not only for hair but for general health. But I was answering Amilcar's post:

Go in a LOW sugar diet ( by sugar I mean everthing that is Glucose rich).If you are to see positive results (less hairloss) you should then consider a free-of-sugar diet.

That's not healthy at all. Even medically supervised Ketogenic diets include a small amount of fruit because the body does need some sugar intake for healthy functioning.