16 Year old with widows peak/thinning

gus._

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 16 and for about a year I’ve noticed a bit of hair falling out but I heard it’s normal to lose 50-100 strands of hair a day. I’ve never lost that many. I’ve noticed my scalp is kinda visible under bright light at times. And I also have a widows peak but I think it’s receding. Here are some pics. Can you guys help? Last 2 pics are from about a year or 2 ago

Attachments

• 27BC9902-5DF7-4196-9C3F-CCCF3BB2939B.jpeg
    27BC9902-5DF7-4196-9C3F-CCCF3BB2939B.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 4CE6CF2D-F96E-4095-98EE-D59FBF77AA15.jpeg
    4CE6CF2D-F96E-4095-98EE-D59FBF77AA15.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 159
  • C2E9400F-160D-4267-9C38-05730DE52148.jpeg
    C2E9400F-160D-4267-9C38-05730DE52148.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 3E2A41E1-7ACF-41C5-A1F6-44170D5DB1DC.jpeg
    3E2A41E1-7ACF-41C5-A1F6-44170D5DB1DC.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 359462B6-B4EA-47C9-95A4-DA9757E5F557.jpeg
    359462B6-B4EA-47C9-95A4-DA9757E5F557.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 9866EB82-81F8-4476-AD93-9E9C7CEA0A51.jpeg
    9866EB82-81F8-4476-AD93-9E9C7CEA0A51.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 182

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is about miniaturization. Unusual shed can be related to other types of hair loss, nutrition, vitamins, stress and so on..
Just pay attention in your temples and take photos every 6 months.
Your too young for meds and your hair is fine atm, your hair is very cool btw.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No hair loss, you're hair looks very good, check it every 6 months if you are worried about it falling out. I don't think it is.

gus._

My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is about miniaturization. Unusual shed can be related to other types of hair loss, nutrition, vitamins, stress and so on..
Just pay attention in your temples and take photos every 6 months.
Your too young for meds and your hair is fine atm, your hair is very cool btw.
Thank you for the response, I’ve been really stressing out cause of this and this relieved me. Also one more thing, is it normal to see my scalp under bright light like mostly in the front?

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, I’ve been really stressing out cause of this and this relieved me. Also one more thing, is it normal to see my scalp under bright light like mostly in the front?
Yes, seeing scalp is normal, but your recession looks like its getting worse IMO. You still have great hair tho, and it shouldnt be an issue for most hairstyles.

gus._

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, seeing scalp is normal, but your recession looks like its getting worse IMO. You still have great hair tho, and it shouldnt be an issue for most hairstyles.
Is there anything I can do to slow down the recession?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that you mention, is that having a low-widow's peak (or any at all really) can make hair loss in the temples look worse that it is or is likely to progress. No studies, but just from watching hairlines for 30-plus years, people with widow's peaks are the most likely to have that effect merely as part of a maturing hairline that stops for good early on. One way to check is to paradoxically look at the rest of the hair. Hair about to bald often has a frizzy aspect that makes it hard to manage and grow long and this is often referred to as diffused thinning but it is a form of male pattern baldness as well might be having frizzy hair in general, even with good hair counts.

Shiny, silky hair even with some corner regression is a sign that things are good in these areas in terms of incipiency of hair loss in the future but it's always best to stay observant because it is much easier to keep hair than to restore it and also, because hair in the temples tends to be less agreeable to any form of treatment once lost.

gus._

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that you mention, is that having a low-widow's peak (or any at all really) can make hair loss in the temples look worse that it is or is likely to progress. No studies, but just from watching hairlines for 30-plus years, people with widow's peaks are the most likely to have that effect merely as part of a maturing hairline that stops for good early on. One way to check is to paradoxically look at the rest of the hair. Hair about to bald often has a frizzy aspect that makes it hard to manage and grow long and this is often referred to as diffused thinning but it is a form of male pattern baldness as well might be having frizzy hair in general, even with good hair counts.

Shiny, silky hair even with some corner regression is a sign that things are good in these areas in terms of incipiency of hair loss in the future but it's always best to stay observant because it is much easier to keep hair than to restore it and also, because hair in the temples tends to be less agreeable to any form of treatment once lost.
My hairs isn’t frizzy it’s just the ends of my hair in some parts that kinda separate or look frizzy. Someone told me they’re just called dead ends. Are they dead ends?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairs isn’t frizzy it’s just the ends of my hair in some parts that kinda separate or look frizzy. Someone told me they’re just called dead ends. Are they dead ends?
I think that they might be referring to whether you see skin pulps on them or not. I have never noticed this to be instructive in my own hair loss in terms of treatments or success. Staring at hair that has come out or accumulated in the sink probably will just depress. Try looking at transgender timelines on Reddit. Now, of course, they are using HRT but you can starkly see the hair improvement even for people who weren't balding. Look for a roughness in structure or indications that your hair only looks good cut short, now. Those are highly predictive in terms of being clues but we don't have much else to go on except relatives and their hair results matter little once one sees indices of baldness in oneself.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
You still have great hair but even at 16 your too young to even consider any treatments. You could try a good shampoo like Regenepure DR and hair vitamins…..

Trompt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This IS some thick *** hair. My hairline is not as receded as yours,but my density and thickness sucks. Density>>>> hairline. Chance my mind