16 Year Old Considering Finasteride

GKBDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 16 year old high school student who is experiencing aggressive hair loss (currently in a norwood 2.5-3 type pattern). In the past my hair was extremely thick and curly and I would usually sport a "jewfro" type cut with basically no scalp visible, but a little bit after my 15th birthday my hairline started receding further and further and my hair started becoming extremely thin. I turned 16 a few months ago and although I've been on minoxidil liquid for 3 months with significant improvement on my crown, my hairline and the top of my head continues to recede and thin.

Recently I've been considering propecia as a more effective treatment for the hairline and top area that minoxidil isn't helping. It seems to me that propecia would be as safe for me at 16 than others at 18 simply because I hit puberty early (stopped growing at the age of 12 and had a lot of dispersed chest hair and a thick neckbeard at 13). Does being apparently finished or close to finished with my development make me a safer candidate for propecia than others my age? My current combination of minoxidil and nizoral shampoo just isn't working and my male pattern baldness appears fairly advanced for a 16 year old.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 598
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 785
  • image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 603
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 493

Alexis Dumont

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to add the study link but using Finasteride under 20 could potentially cause Gyno in male patients. If you hop on Finasteride and feel itchiness or a small burning sensation in your boobs, go get a Novaldex prescription right away. You don't want to be dealing with male pattern baldness and Gyno at the same time, trust me.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to add the study link but using Finasteride under 20 could potentially cause Gyno in male patients. If you hop on Finasteride and feel itchiness or a small burning sensation in your boobs, go get a Novaldex prescription right away. You don't want to be dealing with male pattern baldness and Gyno at the same time, trust me.
I'm dealing with both as i dealt ever since i was 13 with gyno and having higher temples than my highschool teacher when i was 17. Xd
OP, do you have deep voice, pub hair, developed size genitals, etc...?
Note that if you decide to take it its your own responsibility so be careful

And btw, i'm sorry, being nw3 at the age of 15 must be a colossal sh*t

g.i joey

Reaction score
You're gonna have to stick it out for another year or 2... maybe try minoxidil or whatever else you can for you to mantaij your hair till 18.

DHT is serving its main crucial purpose in your body at this moment... if there's any time to say finasteride is dangerous without fear mongering, it's this exact scenario.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 16 year old high school student who is experiencing aggressive hair loss (currently in a norwood 2.5-3 type pattern). In the past my hair was extremely thick and curly and I would usually sport a "jewfro" type cut with basically no scalp visible, but a little bit after my 15th birthday my hairline started receding further and further and my hair started becoming extremely thin. I turned 16 a few months ago and although I've been on minoxidil liquid for 3 months with significant improvement on my crown, my hairline and the top of my head continues to recede and thin.

Recently I've been considering propecia as a more effective treatment for the hairline and top area that minoxidil isn't helping. It seems to me that propecia would be as safe for me at 16 than others at 18 simply because I hit puberty early (stopped growing at the age of 12 and had a lot of dispersed chest hair and a thick neckbeard at 13). Does being apparently finished or close to finished with my development make me a safer candidate for propecia than others my age? My current combination of minoxidil and nizoral shampoo just isn't working and my male pattern baldness appears fairly advanced for a 16 year old.

My friend, I write this message here to you, PLEADING with you to not listen to the people telling you not to use finasteride. You can check some of my earlier posts, I started balding at 16 and I'm 20 now. I have most of my hair because I decided not to let the fear mongering get to me.

It's good that you are using minoxidil......try to get a finasteride prescription and use it. It will save you years of regret.

I had no side effects from finasteride. Sex drive high as ever

Alexis Dumont

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm dealing with both as i dealt ever since i was 13 with gyno and having higher temples than my highschool teacher when i was 17. Xd
OP, do you have deep voice, pub hair, developed size genitals, etc...?
Note that if you decide to take it its your own responsibility so be careful

And btw, i'm sorry, being nw3 at the age of 15 must be a colossal sh*t

Honestly, I'm not sure what's worse between dealing with MBP and Gyno. Both are awful.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure what's worse between dealing with MBP and Gyno. Both are awful.
Hairloss it's worst. Gyno you can alleays cover it up with jackets and stuff if you live in a cold climate, and if you dont give much importance to it ppl around you would pay much attention either.
I mean the first time i got laid with a girl i was so afraid to have sex with her because that would mean taking my shirt off.
But with time i lost this fear, and girls often do commentaries about it but nothing unbearable.
The worst part is if you live in a warm climate like me where its always hot and sunny and everyone wears t-shirts, it becomes a little bit harder to hide. But the top 1 goes for school changing rooms, that was hard... Af.