16 Y/o Job (rogaine Ruined My Hairline)

Jordan Vincent

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm 16 w severe hair loss. I have been on Rogaine for 3 months and have only noticed more severe receding hairline and extreme blisters and acne along my forehead that will not go away no matter how well I clean my forehead after each application / I also use anti acne medications. If anything it has only gotten worst. I've never had acne before in my life and I usually apply about a half capful of Rogaine to each side of my receding hairline. That is where the hair loss is occurring and where severe acne scarring, and redness is aswell. I have no balding in the back of my scalp. I was born with naturally thin hair. I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment to get propecia, what else can i do?

Jordan Vincent

My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that possibly due to the fact I have naturally thin hair, never once in my life have I noticed hair fall out. Idk if it's just slow loss or if my hair is to small but yeah. It kind of just happens. Never see any hair on my hairbrush or pillow. && the last doctor I went to said I didn't have receding hairline.
pmCrqcnaj.jpg

Yes I know that on on side of my hair the recision is much more receded.
pnGqZgGfj.jpg

The fantastic work of Rogaine
poZrH8ZOj.jpg

UncleMort

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need a physician that is WELL acquainted with all types of hair loss

What evidence do you have that the "acne" is caused by minoxidil?

It doesnt appear to be temple recesssion, what is your fathers status?

Jordan Vincent

My Regimen
Reaction score
My father is currently the only family member of mine that has male pattern baldness. Neither his mother or father dealt with male pattern baldness, but he was bald by the age of 25.

Jordan Vincent

My Regimen
Reaction score
& my evidence is that it only appears in under the hair in which minodoxil is applied.
It is also a known side affect.

Alpha Tortoise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The acne is probably an allergy or reaction your body has to it.
Or a faulty supply :/
Posting it on a Hairloss Forum probably won't give you too many answers,
Should probably try and get an appointment with a GOOD Derm.
A lot of them will bullshit you so it's important to find someone with that's well perceived and experienced.

Jordan Vincent

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could someone possibly tell me what potential stage of hair loss I had based on the Norwood scale?I can't seem to self diagnose my stage of hair loss -and whether or not it is referseable

mjoe14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks fine imo. I can't tell its receding Plus you are only 16.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is severe hairloss? retard

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine didn't directly cause hair loss. It might be you are allergic or have seborrheic dermatitis exacerbated by delivery vehicles of Rogaine.
It could also be typical shedding pattern.
I recommend limiting to once a day Rogaine for now while using Nizoral.

Also you are not balding severely.