16 Straight Months Of Shedding On finasteride

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi i started finasteride back in February of 2017 before people could notice i was losing my hair in since i have legit had horrible shedding for 16 straight months i started out with a loss of libido and in june it came back but stronger than before and lasted until about a month ago when i dropped to .5 mg finasteride a day because i was having random boners all day, and i was getting greasy skin, and when i did this the boners went away like they were but the greasy skin stayed and my hair loss is so bad i just ran my hands through my hair while wet in front of the sink and i would say at least 30-40 hairs fell out plus i had no crown thinning when i started finasteride, and now i do have crown thinning that shows when im in sever light and is getting worse im in a predicament and idk what to do from here do i start minoxidil or what? my hair line has tanked compared to what it was and my hair all over has become alot thinner like it switched to a diffuse pattern after i started finasteride. all i know is it bothers me constantly like i never quit thinking about it and idk what to do because i dont want minoxidil to make it even worse than it already is. it almost seems like since starting finasteride my hair started shedding in a diffuse patern the consistency of my hair is way way way way way thinner now than it was and seems to be getting worse

Attachments

• 1 month after starting.jpg
    1 month after starting.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 2 months after starting.jpg
    2 months after starting.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,730
  • baseline hairline.jpg
    baseline hairline.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 911
  • dry crown in light.jpg
    dry crown in light.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 936
  • hairline now (2).jpg
    hairline now (2).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 881
  • hairline now.jpg
    hairline now.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 938
  • wet crown now.jpg
    wet crown now.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 848
  • top down hair now.jpg
    top down hair now.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 774
  • last july when noticing libido increase.jpg
    last july when noticing libido increase.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 827
  • hairline last june.jpg
    hairline last june.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 939

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the exact same issue, really frustrating
yeah man it’s so depressing because you expect the shedding to at least slow down not speed up on the drug I’m afraid to get off completely. My hair last June is just so much thicker all around then it is now

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not doubting what you experienced but also do not see a major decline in your hair. The crown looks fine IF there is any thinning it only looks so when wet and even that is really minimal. Your hairline looks better now than when you first started and the top of your head, while longer than your earlier pics, shows no sign of balding. So I may be missing something here, but you of course know your hair more than I do.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not doubting what you experienced but also do not see a major decline in your hair. The crown looks fine IF there is any thinning it only looks so when wet and even that is really minimal. Your hairline looks better now than when you first started and the top of your head, while longer than your earlier pics, shows no sign of balding. So I may be missing something here, but you of course know your hair more than I do.
Thank you for the input it’s kinda hard to see in the pics but compared to last year my hair is def thinner. My pictures make it hard to tell.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it. Your hairline is much better now than before.
The baseline hairline pic isn’t very good the temples have receded more now, and it’s easier to tel in person but thank you for the input

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s kinda a better pic of my crown under light and my hairline it’s getting so bad ☹️

Attachments

• 17C41BBC-51D8-47B3-B22C-A818EA295C77.jpeg
    17C41BBC-51D8-47B3-B22C-A818EA295C77.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 641
  • AC264691-F011-4FF0-B0BD-46CEC4265191.jpeg
    AC264691-F011-4FF0-B0BD-46CEC4265191.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 664

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s like a constant shed 24/7 I can’t beleive how much hair I lose should I quit Finasteride? I lowered my dose due to increased libido to .5 mg I didn’t think it would be a huge difference my libido dropped but I think my shedding increased, should I start minoxidil?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks fine... I guess you can start Minoxidil. However Minoxidil is a painful mistress. It will make you truly shed to the point of making your hair visibly thinner at first.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks fine... I guess you can start Minoxidil. However Minoxidil is a painful mistress. It will make you truly shed to the point of making your hair visibly thinner at first.
Thank you I just need something to slow the shedding it’s insane like I didn’t know it was possible to lose this many hairs and my hairs at the hairline is so thin

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you I just need something to slow the shedding it’s insane like I didn’t know it was possible to lose this many hairs and my hairs at the hairline is so thin

Your hair line is NOT so thin. But whatever. Everyone here does not see thinning. Maybe get a hair transplant. Since you are almost bald.

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair line is NOT so thin. But whatever. Everyone here does not see thinning. Maybe get a hair transplant. Since you are almost bald.
I get your sarcasm lol I don’t mean to sound so winey it’s the time frame and how fast it happened

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks solid and imo maybe even a bit better than before, although it's hard to tell from the pics... It's normal to still shed while on finasteride and maintain your hair,, from what I've seen at least ...

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks solid and imo maybe even a bit better than before, although it's hard to tell from the pics... It's normal to still shed while on finasteride and maintain your hair,, from what I've seen at least ...
Okay well thank you for the input. Maybe I’m stressing a little too hard

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One last question I lowered my dose of Finasteride to .5mg because I had such a high libido and got oily skin etc since lowering the dose the libido has went down but nothing else and I feel like I’m having a HUGE shed after about a month of .5mg

Gsm1005

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another quick update I changed to .5mg of Finasteride a couple months ago and my shedding and hair loss is way faster I legit after the shower will run my hands through my wet hair and there will be 10-15 hairs stuck to my hand

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another quick update I changed to .5mg of Finasteride a couple months ago and my shedding and hair loss is way faster I legit after the shower will run my hands through my wet hair and there will be 10-15 hairs stuck to my hand
dude this does not give me hope at all...been on finasteride for 10 months and shedding is bad...it severely diffused my hair worst than yours like i could be a chemo patient...are we just bad responders to finasteride?