16 months on the big 3...and I just quit Propecia

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are somewhat doomed if you do and doomed if you dont. If you take the propecia and it makes you less enthusiastic about women, you may look better but it wont matter if your libido is sh*t. But if you stop, you get horny as hell but women wont give you a chance becuase your hair is falling out. Sucks.

Man the things we do for women, makes me sick they dont appreciate us more. All a girl has to do is remain relatively slim and guys will chase after her non stop. But if a guy has one imperfection, like hairloss, or he is short, he has no choice but to date fat women or skanks. I prefer skanks myself.

JWM

Reaction score
Congrats on your recent decision. I really hope it works for you.

I WOULD suggest that you at least try a topical antiandrogen to help the absence of finasteride. Maybe give 5% spironolactone cream a shot. Some people have claimed great results with it. It might be worth a shot.

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Okay...just an update..

Been off Propecia for 21 days..well I just got a haircut today and things don't look too good. Hairline seems to be getting higher and higher.

I'm going back on Propecia this Sunday (0.5mg this time around). My skyrocket libido is now back to normal, but still higher than it was when on Propecia. The advantage of keeping my hair outweighs the libido advantage...

Also, I broke out with mad acne all over my back after quitting Propecia. I guess that's the results of altering ya hormones..

powersam

Reaction score
i think all who cussed socks out about his realistic post should take note of this new development.

Felk

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
i think all who cussed socks out about his realistic post should take note of this new development.

Damn straight :)

Just out of curiosity PowerSam, why are you on .5 finasteride? Did you try the 1mg first or something?

still_trying

Reaction score
socks said:
Well, we'll see how well that extra 'kick' makes you feel when you're bald and ugly and no girls want to touch you and your hard-on with a 10-foot pole. I guess though if jerking-off in momma's house on the computer is *your* idea of fun, go for it.

Just remember once the huge shed kicks in and you start looking bald, getting back on Finasteride wont bring you back to where you are today. Just want to make *SURE* you know that so when you come back here in 6 months crying and bitching you will have no one to blame but yourself.

Good luck man!

:lol:

Socks, that is the most horrific post i've ever read on this or any hair loss forum. It actually spurred me on to join this forum (i've been reading it for a long time...i know, i've taken a lot and given nothing!!) so i could post a reply. Well, here goes.

That post is precisely the sort of thinking that needs to be destroyed by everyone on here. Living life with those sort of thoughts means you're simply not living life. I know because i've been through all this sort of stuff for 5 years or more, and i am slowly starting to make some progress.

Having hair or not having hair is virtually not correlated with getting women or not. It's all to do with confidence or how many women you meet, which usually go together. Fair enough, your confidence may be ruined by losing your hair, but you CAN change your own levels of confidence by changing patterns of thinking. Getting hair will not make anyone suddenly get women, it is your own response (i.e the shift in your confidence levels) that allows you to go out, meet women and speak to them. Self help books and practice can be just as effective way to shift your confidence levels.

My hair looks the worst it's ever done currently, and my hair loss has been very noticeable for the last 3 years. In that time, i have moved from a NW2 to nearly nw3a (i think -- i'll check the scale) yet every year i've slept with more women, and better looking women than the year before, simply because i've worked on my own confidence, practised talking to women (i was lucky that my group of friends seems to have a good supply of attractive friends to meet at parties!) and done interesting things in various parts of the world. The best way to meet chicks (apart from being at uni) was working in a restaurant/bar, where there was an unlimited supply of women every day, and waiting tables for them gave me a great chance to have a relaxed conversation with them.

So please don't scare the hell out of people with this bu££$hit about less hair = less women. I've read a lot of your posts socks, and found a lot of them informative, and i was really disappointed to see you speak like this. The whole point of these forums is to help people, not knock their confidence.

Of course, trying things to regrow your hair is to be encouraged, but the side effects of fuzzy head, limp dick, no energy are far more likely to mean less women for people!!!

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Women have no interest and will not date bald or short guys? Here I am thinking there is more to a human then hair, but now I know that every decent woman judges men solely by their looks. Thank you for clearing that up.

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
ChiaPet said:
Okay...just an update..

Been off Propecia for 21 days..well I just got a haircut today and things don't look too good. Hairline seems to be getting higher and higher.

I'm going back on Propecia this Sunday (0.5mg this time around). My skyrocket libido is now back to normal, but still higher than it was when on Propecia. The advantage of keeping my hair outweighs the libido advantage...

Also, I broke out with mad acne all over my back after quitting Propecia. I guess that's the results of altering ya hormones..

which is exactly why I think I'm stuck with this drug for a long time. They got me because I dont want to find out what will happen if I quit. What a racket.