16 months on propecia, Norwood 7 is a callin'

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking round this forum for a little while...and now i feel the need to tap into some of the old communal wisdom.

I got in early, at the first signs of frontal thining/receding. Propecia for 14 mnths was great, i believe it allowed me to hold onto more hair than i would have without it. Last christmas i was at the stage where when my hair was wet it still looked ok.

Now it's March and I have lost so much hair, I can't stand to see my self with wet hair and even when it is dry you can see through to the scalp in the light.

So, the question...is it possible to have your first shed at month 15? or is this Propecia losing it's effectivness... OR is it just my male pattern baldness's progression

Thanks in advance guys

P.s. Sorry, I dont have any pics....no camera

P.p.s My dad was clompletely bald before 32, so were all his brothers. AND so was my mothers brother. awesome :(

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, its hard to say.
Possibly if you have a strong case of male pattern baldness then Propecia was able to help a bit but your folliciles are just too sensitive to DHT.

You could try a higher dosage of Finastride and some minoxidil, but again if you have really agressive male pattern baldness there really isn't much you can do except maybe shave it down and use some more topicals.

All the best mate

dablackman

Reaction score
Keeping in mind I am not a hairloss expert but I will try to give advise. I was looking at an article on another forum title, WARNING TO ALL PROPECIA USERS. It was talking about how over a small amount of time, propecia dramatically increases estrogen levels, not only limits its effectiveness in treating hair loss, but, creates side effects such as impotence, gyno(breast enlargement), increased body fat, and loss of libido." Then the guy suggested users get on an aromatase inhibitor (lowers estrogen levels)to improve the regrowth properties of finasteride like Arimidex or SUPER MIRAFORTE with CHRYSIN. Do some research on this stuff for yourself first.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
One of the side effects of Armidex is hair loss... one of the rare ones, that is.

As far as estrogen goes, wouldn't it benefit the scalp to have more estrogen in it as opposed to testosterone? I'm just speculating...

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
So how does one go about getting dutasteride. ?

Just be up front with a (hopefully) understanding Doctor and admit you want it for hairloss?

Is it mucho expensive?

Hrmmm maybe i'll do some research...

Thanks lads!

G

dablackman said:
Keeping in mind I am not a hairloss expert but I will try to give advise. I was looking at an article on another forum title, WARNING TO ALL PROPECIA USERS. It was talking about how over a small amount of time, propecia dramatically increases estrogen levels, not only limits its effectiveness in treating hair loss, but, creates side effects such as impotence, gyno(breast enlargement), increased body fat, and loss of libido." Then the guy suggested users get on an aromatase inhibitor (lowers estrogen levels)to improve the regrowth properties of finasteride like Arimidex or SUPER MIRAFORTE with CHRYSIN. Do some research on this stuff for yourself first.

hmmm... I would say: WARNING TO ALL DUTASTERIDE USERS.

That sh*t is 3 times stronger and aggressive than propecia, and a lot of full heads guys are taking it.. I think those guys are just kamikazes..

Plus it's not a FDA approved drug for male pattern baldness.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yes, I'm using Avodart (dutasteride) with great response. Whereas Propecia was becoming less effective for me, I am now using the dual-5AR inhibitor dutasteride.

It's working.

Because it's not approved specifically for hairloss treatment, acne, whatever, it should be used carefully under the supervision of a doctor.

Switters, private message me if you're looking for ways to get a prescription for dutasteride.

tinoleon24

Reaction score
I'm new to this site how do I message you Aplunk1? I need that prescription

Last edited:

Parise

Reaction score
this topic is almost 10 years old, i don't think Aplunk1 is active anymore. isn't Dutasteride/Avodart illegal now?