16 months on big 3

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 21 years old. I started big 3 on 20th june 2014. i noticed my first regrowth around 7 months.. from then i am having periods of sheds and growths. every 2 to 3 months hair get thinner and next they come stronger. now at 15 months they were really good and now at 16 months frontal hair are quite thin. every time they get thin I panic but previously every time they came stronger. now again I hope them to come stronger.

my question is that anyone else experiences same WAVES of thin hair every 2-3 months???

When these waves will stop and hair would be stronger??

my regimen:
1mg generic finasteride daily at night
Minoxidil 5 % once daily at night
Nizrol Shampoo twice weekly

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 21 years old. I started big 3 on 20th june 2014. i noticed my first regrowth around 7 months.. from then i am having periods of sheds and growths. every 2 to 3 months hair get thinner and next they come stronger. now at 15 months they were really good and now at 16 months frontal hair are quite thin. every time they get thin I panic but previously every time they came stronger. now again I hope them to come stronger.

my question is that anyone else experiences same WAVES of thin hair every 2-3 months???

When these waves will stop and hair would be stronger??

my regimen:
1mg generic finasteride daily at night
Minoxidil 5 % once daily at night
Nizrol Shampoo twice weekly

I am quite opposite to you, 38 years old, losing hair for a decade or more with no action, was about NW6 with hardly any hair left except the horseshoe.
I finally started Big3 about 8 months ago. Now I have v thin diffuse hair all over the balding area which grow v v slowly. Never had any shedding. Took about 4 months to start noticing results and it is a v slow but steady way up ongoing as we speak.

So basically, it is very different for different people. I believe the cycles differ among people depending on their age and extent of hairloss.

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
my situation is different. i have lost ground. the scalp is visible in light. it all occurred in 20 days. though i am consistent with my treatment. the hair i lost are some terminal but mostly are thin hairs.

bobomastoras

Reaction score
wtf, its like we are the same person, I am 21, started the big three 1 july 2014, I am at about 16 months in and I get a shedding every 2-3 months and it lasts for about 1-2 months, after each shed the hair comes out stronger than before and the next shed is less major, leaving me with the conclusion(at least thats what I want to believe) that eventually the sheds will be to small to be noticeable.

nathoka

Established Member
Reaction score
wtf, its like we are the same person, I am 21, started the big three 1 july 2014, I am at about 16 months in and I get a shedding every 2-3 months and it lasts for about 1-2 months, after each shed the hair comes out stronger than before and the next shed is less major, leaving me with the conclusion(at least thats what I want to believe) that eventually the sheds will be to small to be noticeable.

i saw your thread. congrats for regrowth. everytime shed panics me. this time shed is heavy. hope it recovers soon

Tumi1509

Reaction score
I'm 23 and haven't had any shedding but only have been on big three for 6 weeks. Posting soon, I've had some crazy fast success.

kana-sucre

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I shed once every 4 or 5 months... I'm on finasteride 1mg and minoxidil. Do you still shed ?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about 13 months in and I keep shedding and regrowing every few months. I have read posts from other users that after 18-24 months they stopped shedding. I'm only shedding where I'm applying min.