1500 Graft Fue - Doesn't Seem Right

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Posted this in the before/after thread, but I also think it's relevant in here...

I had a 1500 graft FUE done yesterday and I'm kind of freaking out right now. No post op pictures I've seen resemble mine, and I can literally see scalp between each scab, which I can only assume means the hairs weren't placed close together. And I have no idea how hairs placed so sparingly could amount to 1500. I called the doctor and he said that when you can see the bulb, as with most photos I see, they are using a different method and not placing the grafts down as far. Not sure what to make of that.

When I called the doctor, I asked him why there were far less than 1500 punctures on the back of my head if I paid for 1500 grafts (I counted no more than 700). He said more than one graft is harvested from each puncture in cases. I don't believe this is the case. Can someone confirm?

Please please lend some insight....

Attachments

• IMG_8366.JPG
    IMG_8366.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 606
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_8367.JPG
    IMG_8367.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Posted this in the before/after thread, but I also think it's relevant in here...

I had a 1500 graft FUE done yesterday and I'm kind of freaking out right now. No post op pictures I've seen resemble mine, and I can literally see scalp between each scab, which I can only assume means the hairs weren't placed close together. And I have no idea how hairs placed so sparingly could amount to 1500. I called the doctor and he said that when you can see the bulb, as with most photos I see, they are using a different method and not placing the grafts down as far. Not sure what to make of that.

When I called the doctor, I asked him why there were far less than 1500 punctures on the back of my head if I paid for 1500 grafts (I counted no more than 700). He said more than one graft is harvested from each puncture in cases. I don't believe this is the case. Can someone confirm?

Please please lend some insight....

Sounds like he’s given you 1,500 HAIRS, rather than 1500 GRAFTS basically overcharging you if you had paid for 1,500 grafts.

Where did you get this done and how much did you pay?

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like he’s given you 1,500 HAIRS, rather than 1500 GRAFTS basically overcharging you if you had paid for 1,500 grafts.

Where did you get this done and how much did you pay?
It's hard to believe there are even 1500 hairs in that small area. I paid $5,900 after he chopped off $500 over my concern of there not being enough grafts. I'm trying to avoid mentioning the clinic at this point. If he doesn't work with me on a refund then I will...

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to believe there are even 1500 hairs in that small area. I paid $5,900 after he chopped off $500 over my concern of there not being enough grafts. I'm trying to avoid mentioning the clinic at this point. If he doesn't work with me on a refund then I will...
If you say it’s around 700 grafts an average graft usually being around 2.2 hairs it probably sounds about right.

Just focus on positives for now, you will get some improvement atleast.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you say it’s around 700 grafts an average graft usually being around 2.2 hairs it probably sounds about right.

Just focus on positives for now, you will get some improvement atleast.
I just received another $1,500 back after discussing the matter with the doctor. That's $2,000 that will invariably go into another surgery in the near future hah. Some small improvement from this is all I can hope for.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I see no reason for you to get a transplant based on your pictures, you almost have no hair loss or thinning. Whoever did your surgery is a very unethical doctor and should have never accepted to do so.

I suggest, before you sign up for another transplant, to use that money for a psychologist to treat your body dysmorphia disorder, before you mess up your donor and overall hair even more.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see no reason for you to get a transplant based on your pictures, you almost have no hair loss or thinning. Whoever did your surgery is a very unethical doctor and should have never accepted to do so.

I suggest, before you sign up for another transplant, to use that money for a psychologist to treat your body dysmorphia disorder, before you mess up your donor and overall hair even more.
If you feel my thinning isn't as bad as yours, and by your criteria of how bad thinning should be before considering an FUE, then I can understand that. However, your comment at present is disingenuous, or you just have poor vision. That and the lighting isn't the best.