1500 Graft Fue - Doesn't Seem Right

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Received another $1,500 refund. I gave him my word that I would refrain from smearing his practice by name online as he was willing to work with me when he could have instead dug his heels in.

Did he explain what happened, or is it just standard for them to f*** up and then give a partial refund if there are complaints lol?

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did he explain what happened, or is it just standard for them to f*** up and then give a partial refund if there are complaints lol?
No explanation of any kind, he just kept insisting that he had "the most experience of anyone in the area." This was when I questioned why another clinic had told me he'd only been in business for a year and a half after he'd told me he had 20+ years of experience. He had already told me he grew up here and never left so that story was horseshit. Kept trying telling me he stood by his work and that refunding me $2,000 was no admission of wrong doing. Whatever he wants to tell himself I guess.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No explanation of any kind, he just kept insisting that he had "the most experience of anyone in the area." This was when I questioned why another clinic had told me he'd only been in business for a year and a half after he'd told me he had 20+ years of experience. He had already told me he grew up here and never left so that story was horseshit. Kept trying telling me he stood by his work and that refunding me $2,000 was no admission of wrong doing. Whatever he wants to tell himself I guess.

Why didn't you do any research before having the transplant?

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why didn't you do any research before having the transplant?
I researched for awhile. This guy's clinic was dedicated to hair treatment alone, whereas most others in my area are general plastic surgery clinics that also provide hair transplants. So I figured this was his bread and butter. Guess I'm a little naive, I wouldn't imagine a surgeon would lie to your face about having 20+ years of experience in something. At the time I couldn't imagine a profession like this would engage in resume fluffing to this degree. Guess I didn't do enough research.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I researched for awhile. This guy's clinic was dedicated to hair treatment alone, whereas most others in my area are general plastic surgery clinics that also provide hair transplants. So I figured this was his bread and butter. Guess I'm a little naive, I wouldn't imagine a surgeon would lie to your face about having 20+ years of experience in something. At the time I couldn't imagine a profession like this would engage in resume fluffing to this degree. Guess I didn't do enough research.

Well luckily your hair wasn't even that bad to begin with, so you didn't lose that much in appearance and grafts. Just sucks how you got scammed. You should really make his name public so that this won't happen to other people as well.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well luckily your hair wasn't even that bad to begin with, so you didn't lose that much in appearance and grafts. Just sucks how you got scammed. You should really make his name public so that this won't happen to other people as well.
It's not that bad right now, but it's quickly getting there and will be in the next year. That's why I wanted to get this done to support the areas that are quickly thinning. Instead the guy puts a thin row of hair in front of my already thinning hair. It baffles me to think about how someone who does this for a living wouldn't realize this is was a terrible way to go about this.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol that's crazy.

You definitely need to willing to travel when it comes to getting a hair transplant.