Yer

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi, I am 15 years old and my hairline has been thinning and receding for almost 5 months now. I’ve tried using minoxidil already and sadly it gives me bad pain around my heart and shortness of breath. I’ve started and stopped using it 3 different times and every time the side effects come back. I’ve also tried to cut the recommended dose in half and the side effects still come back. It’s sad that I can’t use minoxidil but now I’ve been taking Viviscal Pro vitamins for about 2 months now but I haven’t noticed a difference yet. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what else I can possibly do because I don’t want to keep losing my hair while I’m only 15, thanks.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ur in a tough situation kiddo, I feel for you

if you have savings maybe you can buy finasteride powder and use it topically to minimize side effects to slow your hairloss down until you are more grown

Yer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ve been pretty worried about using anything with propecia since I’m almost 2 years under 18, but that may be something to look into. My dermatologist mentioned a topical product that was a mix of finasteride and Minoxidil, but I’m not sure if the smaller amount of minoxidil will still give me the side effects.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ve been pretty worried about using anything with propecia since I’m almost 2 years under 18, but that may be something to look into. My dermatologist mentioned a topical product that was a mix of finasteride and Minoxidil, but I’m not sure if the smaller amount of minoxidil will still give me the side effects.

You may want to use microneedling..have a look in the relevant threads

Yer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I started taking saw palmetto a few weeks ago and I have also been using a shampoo with some minoxidil and biotin which doesn’t seem to give me side effects. I am also still taking the viviscal pro vitamins. Recently I think I’ve actually been seeing some new hairs start to grow in where I had receded but I don’t want to speak too soon, a lot of the new hairs are pretty hard to see though because they’re short and don’t have much color. I have also shedded some more but I’m hoping that’s just because there’s new hair, not sure if it will actually grow in though. I also ordered a microneedling device and magnesium oil which I saw can work for hair loss. Hopefully some of this actually works.

Attachments

• CDFB4B52-FC84-4E1A-9E88-9E366D47BC25.jpeg
    CDFB4B52-FC84-4E1A-9E88-9E366D47BC25.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 3862DAA3-398A-43CE-BF1A-D5807D3DDB9F.jpeg
    3862DAA3-398A-43CE-BF1A-D5807D3DDB9F.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,016

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I started taking saw palmetto a few weeks ago and I have also been using a shampoo with some minoxidil and biotin which doesn’t seem to give me side effects. I am also still taking the viviscal pro vitamins. Recently I think I’ve actually been seeing some new hairs start to grow in where I had receded but I don’t want to speak too soon, a lot of the new hairs are pretty hard to see though because they’re short and don’t have much color. I have also shedded some more but I’m hoping that’s just because there’s new hair, not sure if it will actually grow in though. I also ordered a microneedling device and magnesium oil which I saw can work for hair loss. Hopefully some of this actually works.

My advice is to sit on hrt, you are 15 years old, you get a beauty! No kidding. I would have sat on hrt but it's too late

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks pretty normal hairline. Often people lose some hair when they hit the puberty.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a hairline created by testosterone, if you create an advantage in the direction of estrogen, you will have a hairline with the letter C and not M

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a hairline created by testosterone, if you create an advantage in the direction of estrogen, you will have a hairline with the letter C and not M
Hey interesting, would u mind elaborating more ? Source ? What is C and M ?

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey interesting, would u mind elaborating more ? Source ? What is C and M ?

M is basically Norwood 2/3 territory and C is when you have like a curvy hairline. Like this:

Attachments

• michael-imperioli-204401-1-402.jpg
    michael-imperioli-204401-1-402.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,094
Reactions: Yar

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
M is basically Norwood 2/3 territory and C is when you have like a curvy hairline. Like this:

Yah, I am more interested by the claim " estrogen hair = C shape" and " testoterone hair = M shape " ?

Yer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I’ve started using a laser comb for about a month so far 3 times a week and I’ve just started microneedling along with the other things I’ve been doing. Sadly my hair has only gotten worse and now I get it cut to hide my receding part. However, for some reason it is only receding on one side of my head and not the other, the hair has barely receded on the left side compared to the right. Hopefully adding the microneedling can give me some new hairs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 819
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 939
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 906

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I’ve started using a laser comb for about a month so far 3 times a week and I’ve just started microneedling along with the other things I’ve been doing. Sadly my hair has only gotten worse and now I get it cut to hide my receding part. However, for some reason it is only receding on one side of my head and not the other, the hair has barely receded on the left side compared to the right. Hopefully adding the microneedling can give me some new hairs.

If you have receded from the other side, do a sideparting, so it will cover your receded side.