15 Y/o Need Some Help, Balding/other Problem?

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
For some context, here is a post I had from June of last year: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-young-person-need-input.106621/#post-1504862

As the title states, I'm 15 and I'll be turning 16 in August. My 22 y/o brother has already experienced some obvious hairline recession and general thinning, so I want to be proactive in addressing my hair health. If you look at the pictures from the previous post, my hair looks pretty greasy. At my haircut about a month and a half ago, the hairdresser removed A LOT of buildup (albeit some if it was probably a result of inadequate scalp cleansing after egg treatments).

Anyway, I want to know what you guys think the white stuff in my hair is. In some of the pictures I've parted my hair and circled areas where it's present so it's more clear, while other pictures are more zoomed in. I don't think it's dandruff, and I'm pretty sure I've always had a naturally oily scalp.

Any help is appreciated, including any recommended shampoos or conditioners b/c some days my hair has a lot of volume and can be styled, while other days it's really flat and looks more stringy (today). I attached some photos here too (zoom in if it's hard to see).

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2518.PNG
    IMG_2518.PNG
    460.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 288

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing you can do at your age. Not safe to mess with hormones until 17 or 18

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dandruff caused by male pattern baldness.

Actually come to think of it you could use Nizoral shampoo for dandruff. That should help some with the male pattern baldness also.

Talk to your doctor about rogaine. I don’t know if it is safe for your age but it will increase dandruff