15 Months - Need Advice

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that hairloss is unstoppable in my situation...

I've been on 1mg Propecia for around 15 months now. My hair has continued to thin out a little more since starting.

Do you guys think im flat out a non responder or is there still a chance that it will kick in and start to stop the thinning progression?

Since 1mg isn't working do you think upping the dosage might help? Maybe getting proscar and taking 1.25 mg or maybe even 2 mg a day?

Im hoping that I wont have to use Minoxidil just yet but the way things are going it looks like thats my last hope.

Any suggestions/comments would be awesome!! Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Are you on Nizoral shampoo, as well?

Generic Propecia or regular?

My friend, 15 months is quite a while. While finasteride affects people differently, you know your hair best. Although a significant improvement to have your hair slowed down, nobody, NOBODY likes losing their hair.

Perhaps jumping on minoxidil, even once per day, might be a good idea. The two drugs work in a system to bring about the best results.

That's my two cents, man.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed that your recession has at least slowed down at all whe on Propecia? I think if you have really agressive male pattern baldness then slowing the process down is about all propecia will do.

I know its about 80% success rate, so some people just won't respond. I woulnd't really reccomend a higher dosage, maybe try some topicals?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
I'm starting to think that hairloss is unstoppable in my situation...

I've been on 1mg Propecia for around 15 months now. My hair has continued to thin out a little more since starting.

Do you guys think im flat out a non responder or is there still a chance that it will kick in and start to stop the thinning progression?

Since 1mg isn't working do you think upping the dosage might help? Maybe getting proscar and taking 1.25 mg or maybe even 2 mg a day?

Im hoping that I wont have to use Minoxidil just yet but the way things are going it looks like thats my last hope.

Any suggestions/comments would be awesome!! Thanks

Honestly, I would do the minoxidil. If nothing else, apply it at night only.

You could also give dutasteride a try, many people have had success with dutasteride where finasteride failed.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree try the dutasteride. I have read here in this forum of ppl having success with dutasteride when propecia did'nt work for them.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat with you bro. I have been on Propecia now for 15months and it is realy starting to lose steam. Not as good as it used to be.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the replies!! I'm taking real Propecia I get every month from my pharmacy and yes I'm using Nizoral 1%.

I really cant be sure if propecia is slowing my loss down because I hopped on finasteride once i started to see my temples go. Up untill that point my hairloss has been slow. In highschool I never really thought about it. It was only my freshman year of college I started to do something about it.

I'm reallly hesitant to start up minoxidil for some reason. I guess its the commitment of applying it twice a day and not being able to stop it once I start. I guess I really need to do a little bit more research on it.

Dutasteride is pretty tempting too. The main reason I'm not jumping to dutasteride. is the safety factor. I dont want to inhibit something found in my brain. Im guessing its for a reason. I dont want any long term sides.

What about revivogen? Do you guys think its worth giving a shot?

MJT82

Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
Dutasteride is pretty tempting too. The main reason I'm not jumping to dutasteride. is the safety factor. I dont want to inhibit something found in my brain. Im guessing its for a reason. I dont want any long term sides.

What are you referring to? DHT?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im talking about type 1 5-AR. Finasteride only deals with type 2. Dutasteride inhibits both.