15% Minoxidil Solutions (All Information Here)

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still debating if I want to try 15% minoxidil as a backup solution if I am not using RU/minoxidil + Bimatoprost.

Is spironolactone any less effective than Minoxidil overall?

Tsar'kov

Reaction score
Good afternoon! Would advise minoxidil 15 % from GenHair.com
Concentration PG (20 %) and alcohol in their products does not disappear.
Successful enough commercial product, not worse, than MinoxidilMax. They still make antiandrogen SPIRONOLACTONE a cream or a solution.

PG carries out first of all transport function, in the second turn function of humidifying and water keeping.
Alcohol accelerates drying, ??????n???????, the more alcohol, the dries faster. The main thing not to go too far, it is supposed no more than 50 % of alcohol.
Alcohol dissolves minoxidil on 8.5 %, propyleneglycol on 7.5 %. It is theoretically possible to make minoxidil 16-17 %, but bond will be not stable.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Ted Stryker said:
I'm in the same boat as many others in that Dr. Lee shutting down forced me to look elsewhere for similar products. I use a 5% and 10% minoxidil from one of the companies listed in an earlier post. I've had my doubts about the products though.

Bryan do you remember many moons ago when Community Drug was making Dr. Lee's products? Since they've closed, one of their pharmacists (not Aaron btw) has opened her own company. Have you bought anything from her?

The gal that ran Community Drug now owns a pharmacy called Murray Ave Pharmacy and she does still formulate minoxidil.

The number is 1-888-799-4247

I think they will even add finasteride to the mix if you have a script

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
I'm still debating if I want to try 15% minoxidil as a backup solution if I am not using RU/minoxidil + Bimatoprost.

Is spironolactone any less effective than Minoxidil overall?

Smitty,
They work in 2 different ways, minoxidil is a growth stimulant and spironolactone is an antiandrogen. They work best together.

CEDeoudes59

Reaction score
Perfect Image Solution
Price: $34.95
Ingredients: 15% Minoxidil, 5% Azelaic Acid, Retinol, Propylene Glycol

Dualge(n) 15
Price: $34.95
Ingredients: 15% Minoxidil (150 mg/ml), 5% Azelaic Acid (50 mg/ml), Ethanol, Glycerin

Good thread.

^^^ these are my favorite. Dualgen has caffeine too, which is helpful to hair growth

Jay4809

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah what's up. I don't even see it on Minoxidil Max, looks discontinued, the most I see is 6% with finasteride. I have a place that compounds 15% but it's pricey so I had to stop taking it. I had good results from 10% and above formulations. I used to buy it through online places. Does nobody carry it anymore due to FDA?

zinny999

Reaction score

tdma

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the difference between applying a certain quantity of 15% minoxodil versus applying 3 times that quantiy of regular 5% minoxidil?

Jay4809

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the difference between applying a certain quantity of 15% minoxodil versus applying 3 times that quantiy of regular 5% minoxidil?

Not sure to be honest, it would be cheaper to apply the 5% twice a day but use 2ml instead of 1ml. It may all be placebo but when I was using it I had decent regrowth at hairline.

I found a Mexican place that has DS labs. Polaris etc. Both went out of business in the US so i guess they moved to Mex?? I had great results from DS labs shampoo and lotion minoxidil, I was really upset when I went to order on ebay like always and found out the price had tripled! I knew right then they were done. Anyways, website is in Spanish lol