15% Minoxidil Anybody Try It Before?

Alexis Dumont

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't try it and I wouldn't recommend it. Actually, a few studies have shown that there's almost no difference between 5% and 10%, so I truly doubt that you'll get better results with 15%. Stick with 2%, 5% or 10%.

I would've linked to the studies but I don't have enough posts. however, they were published on WebMD and ScienceDirect so they have some grounds.

Last edited:

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it a while back, comes in a nice glass bottle with a glass dipper so I use it for my other mixtures.

I had no problem with it but because nobody else on the forum was using it and it was hard to tell if it was legit I stopped and stuck with trusty old kirkland 5%.

Honestly though if there was a way to confirm without sending it to a lab I'd use it again.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it a while back, comes in a nice glass bottle with a glass dipper so I use it for my other mixtures.

I had no problem with it but because nobody else on the forum was using it and it was hard to tell if it was legit I stopped and stuck with trusty old kirkland 5%.

Honestly though if there was a way to confirm without sending it to a lab I'd use it again.

I guess if you can make it yourself, it would be ok to start with and then over time switch to a 5% then to 2-3%, cause the effect is going to be the same.

However, 15% is not that easy to make. These shady labs are not trustful and probably have no stablility tests, so in worst case scenario you end up with something worth less than 1% for a super expensive minoxidil. If one wants to go all in with minoxidil I guess oral is preferable.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried MinoxidilKing before. But I did try 15% Minoxidil solutions, it didn't hurt my hair.

These are in the U.S., but one sells outside the U.S., if anybody is interested.

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried MinoxidilKing before. But I did try 15% Minoxidil solutions, it didn't hurt my hair.

These are in the U.S., but one sells outside the U.S., if anybody is interested.

Which ones are int he U.S. that sell 15%?

Minoxidil king is Canadian from what I can tell so are you referring to another supplier?

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoa, MedicalWellnessCenter.com sells a 30% minoxidil cream?

Wonder what the price of that is and if anyone's tried it...

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used 12-15% topical Minoxidil for almost 2 years now. It is difficult to analyse whether this increase had any impact, as I also started on Finasteride at the same time. I've felt no negative impacts either so I will continue with it.