(14yo) Am I Balding? And What Can I Do :(.

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 14 and never payed attention to my hairline ever. Recently when I've had my hair up I realised how strange my hairline was. I'm really scared looking at this now what can I do

Attachments

• IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 353

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like you have some very young (potentially aggressive) balding.

You look like you are approaching Norwood 3, at 14 years old that is seriously shitty and I really feel for you.

The other kicker is that you are too young for any oral medications for hair retention. I would see your GP and ask to be referred to a dermatologist or hair transplant doctor so you can discuss your options

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
depends on whether or not your actual hairline has changed. Some people are just born with shitty nw2+ hairlines.

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
depends on whether or not your actual hairline has changed. Some people are just born with shitty nw2+ hairlines.
My mum said that my hairline has always been like that, I'll try and get some photos from when I was younger

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
More photos for reference. What can I do at my age?

Attachments

• IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 305

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you shaved down the back and sides it wouldnt look half as bad, right now the sides look longer than the top so it makes it look worse

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
My mum said that my hairline has always been like that, I'll try and get some photos from when I was younger

That's completely typical of family. My mum would say my hair was fine until I was basically slick bald. I would probably take her with a pinch of salt. Ask your friends at school.

Some photos for reference would be good but it's likely that there's an element of male pattern baldness

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you shaved down the back and sides it wouldnt look half as bad, right now the sides look longer than the top so it makes it look worse
This is what my hair looks like

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 267

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's completely typical of family. My mum would say my hair was fine until I was basically slick bald. I would probably take her with a pinch of salt. Ask your friends at school.

Some photos for reference would be good but it's likely that there's an element of male pattern baldness
Unfortunately it looks like you have some very young (potentially aggressive) balding.

You look like you are approaching Norwood 3, at 14 years old that is seriously shitty and I really feel for you.

The other kicker is that you are too young for any oral medications for hair retention. I would see your GP and ask to be referred to a dermatologist or hair transplant doctor so you can discuss your options

What treatment do you think I could get?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a young kid , the haircut you have suits you ,
But this is clearly a receding hairline .
We have to see earlier pics to see how much you have lost and how much of it is normal

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
What treatment do you think I could get?

They may recommend a growth stimulant like minoxidil, with Nizoral they would likely buy you some time until you are old enough (18) for stronger meds. A dermatologist/ hair transplant doctor may look at your hair for signs of minaturisation (basically shrinking of the hair folicles) before they prescribe you anything though.

Given your acne it is likely to be male pattern baldness. I can't say I've seen many 14 year olds with recession like that

Felix

My Regimen
Reaction score
They may recommend a growth stimulant like minoxidil, with Nizoral they would likely buy you some time until you are old enough (18) for stronger meds. A dermatologist/ hair transplant doctor may look at your hair for signs of minaturisation (basically shrinking of the hair folicles) before they prescribe you anything though.

Given your acne it is likely to be male pattern baldness. I can't say I've seen many 14 year olds with recession like that
Thankyou a lot. I'll try to get an appointment asap with a GP because I don't want this to get any worse, I've cried just thinking about it.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Thankyou a lot. I'll try to get an appointment asap with a GP because I don't want this to get any worse, I've cried just thinking about it.

We've all cried more than a few tears over hair follicles even us grown men.

The good thing is that your hair is still thick and can be well styled. Like many diseases, the earlier you catch it, the more can be done. Good luck bro