14 Months Dutasteride And 19 Months Rogaine

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
26 year old whos been on dutasteride for 14 months now (.5 everyday) and rogaine for 19 months.I have used topical spironolactone as well as saw palmetto in this time frame with no effect so I stopped them. I also use nizoral twice weekly. When I first went on rogaine I had tremendous results. However that isnt enough to stop hairloss and so I added dutasteride. Generic version I get from the link off this site. Well unfortunately all I have done was shed and recede more in this time and come to the conclusion that it is obviously not working. I heard the stories that dutasteride destroys the hairline blah blah blah but I think its just some of us have too aggressive hairloss. I have thicken up everywhere else but the hairline. The right side of my hairline has so far taken the biggest hit and is to the point where I have to shave my head. And no I wasnt on finasteride before. I wanted the strongest stuff possible. I will post pics if people ask but all I have available are pics from august of last year til now. I will continue with this regimen for two years as thats the longest I will give not only just in case I'm a late responder but also for you gentlemen.
Regimen:
dutas (.5 everyday)
rogaine (twice a day)
nizoral (twice a week)
Derma rolling (twice a day)
topical spironolactone (was twice a day for 8 months with no effect)
saw palmetto (1800 mg daily for over a year with no effect)
Timeline:
June 2015- began rogaine (great results)
November 2015 (added dutasteride and topical spironolactone)
End of January 2016 saw my first big shed- hairline didnt fully recover but most of it came back
may 2016 second big shed. this time more so all over the scalp.
September 2016-third big shed-have not recovered and lost more ground since.

P.S sorry if this is confusing for anyone its my first thread. Cheers.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good regimen. I've read on here also about dutasteride destroying hairlines but I've had none of that happening. Keep up the battle.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you already get thorough blood testing?

Are you under a lot of stress? Do you follow a healthy diet?

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you already get thorough blood testing?

Are you under a lot of stress? Do you follow a healthy diet?

Not really under any stress. My diet is pretty good. I even take multivitamins. I have not gone through blood testing as I would have to pay for it out of pocket. My situation is a little different than normal people. My primary care is through the veteran affairs who are extremely strict on what they prescribe and typically has to be a diagnoses of some sort before they test. I will try to persuade my Doctor to get me one but their are policies and rules even he has to follow.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I question some of these drugs sold online. I say if you can, get a prescription even if it costs a little more a month. It's a piece of mind, and you'll know it's legit.

I already tried but unfortunately the only way to get a prescription for finasteride and dutasteride was if it was a legit medical problem. I go through the veteran affairs which is different than your normal doctor. They are extremely strict on what they will prescribe and even getting testing done requires a legit reason. I believe the stuff I'm getting is legit as I went through shedding. Also I know online sites operate off of reputation and hairlossgenerics has been around for years.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
August 6th. Right hairline and front. Had better photos but lost them. IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0040.JPG

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And today. Wish I had better pictures for you guys but lost them. I do have one from before I started the dutasteride I will post that next. It doesnt really show anything though since the phone I had took shitty photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I ask how you style your hair when using minoxidil? And doesn't your hair feel permanently greasy and pillows dirty?

I dont really have greasy hair. Even on the minoxidil. As for styling as you can see in my photos I dont really grow my hair out because of the shedding. I actually been keeping it very short almost shaved since my first shed. As far as my pillows are concerned I havnt notice anything in particular other than hairs covering them when I was shedding.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh your hair looks great. You have a naturally higher hairline that makes your recession look worse than it really is (I'm the same way).

Reaction score
i think your hair looks good. its dense in most of the pics just alil receded but ill rather be receded than diffused frontal thinning and receded like me. frontal thinning is what make hair look like chit not just being receded.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand my hair is dense and looks good but I was looking at maintaining my hairline but it is still receding. I was hoping dutasteride would halt the recession. Even if only for some time before genetics take over. But all I have seen is shedding and recession. No stabilization. I did during the summer but that was short lived as I went through another shed followed by more receding.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro your hair look great ! so you jumped straight on duta , no propecia ? did you have sides such as gyno or puffy nipples with duta , this is a strong stuff?

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro your hair look great ! so you jumped straight on duta , no propecia ? did you have sides such as gyno or puffy nipples with duta , this is a strong stuff?

No sides really. I mean from time to time I get very minor ball ache which doesnt last long. I guess dutasteride is doing good as I was definitely suffering from hairloss before treatment. My dad was always thin on top and went bald rapidly. My half brother (fathers side) is mostly bald and hes like 30-31. The only concern I'm having is my right hairline. Thats where the hairloss was very apparent before treatment and I'm hoping I'm going through another shed and not more recession. The shed before the last one affected my whole scalp and people would notice and comment how thinned I was. I disregarded them and felt sure it was a shed which it turned out it was. Hair is a lot thicker now I notice.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright I'm gonna update this with abit of perspective on why I'm concerned with my hairline. I don't have base line pics but I know where my hairline without a doubt. The red mark in the photo is where my hairline use to be. My hair is thick but the recession is ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 306