14! Is My Hairline Receding And What Can I Do?

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i posted before and i think it's gotten worse. help please. can someone tell me what i can do or how i can stop this?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,902
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 690
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 588

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you notice hairs falling out when you comb your hair or in the shower etc? If so how many? I had a similar hairline to yours at 14 and over 10 years later I've only dropped a Norwood to about 2.5.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been to a dermatologist? That's really what you should do

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been to a dermatologist? That's really what you should do

Derms are idiots. Why waste $150 on an idiot who probably doesn't even know that ketoconazole is an anti-androgen? Or what dutasteride is? They are more clueless than 95% of people on these forums. They don't spend their time looking at cures and hair related studies like people here do. He's visibly receding badly without diffusing, He's definitely got male pattern baldness.

It's happening so young that all he can really do is the transplant or hairpiece route. By the time he's 18 and able to use finasteride he will be a norwood 4 at least.

There are a lot of hairpiece/wig companies and surgeons who will do discounts for kids. There are definitely examples of kids getting hair transplants for serious issues like this.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Derms are idiots.

Based on some isolated personal experiences no derms are knowledgeable about male pattern baldness?

He needs to have it confirmed that he has miniaturization in the typical pattern. Also there's no way to say he will hit NW4 by 18. I was NW1.5-2 at 15/16 and didn't hit NW2.5 until my mid 20's

You're making blanket statements

Minoxidil and Nizoral might help him hold on some until his body develops a bit more and he can get on finasteride

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on some isolated personal experiences no derms are knowledgeable about male pattern baldness?

He needs to have it confirmed that he has miniaturization in the typical pattern. Also there's no way to say he will hit NW4 by 18. I was NW1.5-2 at 15/16 and didn't hit NW2.5 until my mid 20's

You're making blanket statements

Minoxidil and Nizoral might help him hold on some until his body develops a bit more and he can get on finasteride

No I'm not making blanket statements, what is a derm going to be able to tell him about treatments that someone on the forums couldn't? Most derms do not have tools to confirm hair miniaturisation either, and even if they did, how is that going to help? "Oh thanks guyz, so I'm losing hair in a norwood 3 pattern AS A 14 YEAR OLD, guess that I don't have to worry anymore!"

If you want to piss money down the drain for the opinion of someone who knows less than someone on this forum, then do so, but don't pretend the opinion of the average derm is any more informed than a long termer on the forums. I've read thousands of posts of people on forums talking about their hairloss experience with derms, and NOT ONE has been told anything that someone on a forum couldn't. That's a pretty f*****g piss poor track record. There was someone on here last week who's derm told them to take propecia twice a week at 2.5mg. This is what we're dealing with, use all the ignorant appeal to authority fallacies you like, it doesn't make derms any more useful for hairloss.

Also you can clearly see thinning within and behind the hairline. He's a norwood 2 already, most people in their 20s freak if their hair is as bad as his. Continue in dream land if you like, but that isn't going to help anyone. He's receding badly, AND thinning across the rest of the hairline and behind it. If you think he's not going to get any worse, you're kidding yourself and only harming him. Studies show that for 95% of people hairloss continues at a constant rate without treatment from baseline. It is very, very unlikely it will suddenly halt. And I guess you're just saying to ignore all that thinning behind the hairline? That'll just magically stop? And if he goes to a derm, that'll just magically stop?

minoxidil and Keto might help in the short term, but eventually he will have to move to hair pieces or get transplants. He should look into those options NOW rather than realise at 23 as a norwood 6 that he wasted the best years of his life thinking "well maybe it'll just stop falling out?"

Last edited:

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm not making blanket statements, what is a derm going to be able to tell him about treatments that someone on the forums couldn't? Most derms do not have tools to confirm hair miniaturisation either, and even if they did, how is that going to help? "Oh thanks guyz, so I'm losing hair in a norwood 3 pattern AS A 14 YEAR OLD, guess that I don't have to worry anymore!"

If you want to piss money down the drain for the opinion of someone who knows less than someone on this forum, then do so, but don't pretend the opinion of the average derm is any more informed than a long termer on the forums. I've read thousands of posts of people on forums talking about their hairloss experience with derms, and NOT ONE has been told anything that someone on a forum couldn't. That's a pretty f*****g piss poor track record. There was someone on here last week who's derm told them to take propecia twice a week at 2.5mg. This is what we're dealing with, use all the ignorant appeal to authority fallacies you like, it doesn't make derms any more useful for hairloss.

Also you can clearly see thinning within and behind the hairline. He's a norwood 2 already, most people in their 20s freak if their hair is as bad as his. Continue in dream land if you like, but that isn't going to help anyone. He's receding badly, AND thinning across the rest of the hairline and behind it. If you think he's not going to get any worse, you're kidding yourself and only harming him. Studies show that for 95% of people hairloss continues at a constant rate without treatment from baseline. It is very, very unlikely it will suddenly halt. And I guess you're just saying to ignore all that thinning behind the hairline? That'll just magically stop? And if he goes to a derm, that'll just magically stop?

minoxidil and Keto might help in the short term, but eventually he will have to move to hair pieces or get transplants. He should look into those options NOW rather than realise at 23 as a norwood 6 that he wasted the best years of his life thinking "well maybe it'll just stop falling out?"
My mom says it looks fine for some reason... and it's really irritating. from what i can see my right temple and the right side of my hairline is being hit with miniaturization and the left side has very think baby hair and could be catching up.

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you notice hairs falling out when you comb your hair or in the shower etc? If so how many? I had a similar hairline to yours at 14 and over 10 years later I've only dropped a Norwood to about 2.5.
i don't really notice hairs falling out but i do notice a lot of thinning.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't really notice hairs falling out but i do notice a lot of thinning.

Well the silver lining in all this is that you are young and we would like to believe by the time you would have left your teens more effective treatments will be available. Big if though.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mom says it looks fine for some reason... and it's really irritating. from what i can see my right temple and the right side of my hairline is being hit with miniaturization and the left side has very think baby hair and could be catching up.

I get why she would, for 99.5% of the population they don't have to worry about hair loss that young so it would be hard to believe and it's kind of unheard of for the most part, but generally if you personally can see a change over time, then you do have hairloss. Because you are receding and not just diffusing, it is definitely as a result of androgenic alopecia. I can also see clear thinning behind your hairline, not sure if you notice it too but it doesn't just seem to be receding. You're already a norwood 2 on the scale, I think you should see a hair transplant doctor to get their opinion on the issue if anything, they're far better than derms.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I guess you're just saying to ignore all that thinning behind the hairline? That'll just magically stop?

Lol

At no point did I say this. In fact I recommended some treatments for him

My dermatologist has been helpful. Not sure why that idea triggers you so badly

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get why she would, for 99.5% of the population they don't have to worry about hair loss that young so it would be hard to believe and it's kind of unheard of for the most part, but generally if you personally can see a change over time, then you do have hairloss. Because you are receding and not just diffusing, it is definitely as a result of androgenic alopecia. I can also see clear thinning behind your hairline, not sure if you notice it too but it doesn't just seem to be receding. You're already a norwood 2 on the scale, I think you should see a hair transplant doctor to get their opinion on the issue if anything, they're far better than derms.
what will a hair transplant do? and how can i just completely stop this because i hate myself because of it and sometimes i don't even want to go outside because of it...

shookwun

Reaction score
game over.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
game over.

That's terrible. You should be ashamed.

As if our life ISN't over when we're thirteen (you were there, many decades ago!
I don't think I can mentally do the math that high :D).

In all seriousness, the pituitary gland pumps extra DHT after we go through puberty.

Without that DHT in our young adult lives, we would have a voice like Justin Bieber.

If I had a voice like him, I would shoot myself.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
what will a hair transplant do? and how can i just completely stop this because i hate myself because of it and sometimes i don't even want to go outside because of it...

Well you can use minoxidil on your hairline currently and balding areas for now along with nizoral 2% shampoo twice a week along with something with DHT blockers like Pura D'or Gold. A hair transplant will move permanent follicles from the back and sides of your head which are genetically permanent follicles to the balding area. At the moment it isn't worth doing, but if the entire frontal third fell away in the next few years an FUT hair transplant with a high quality doctor is worth looking into to restore a youthful hairline, despite what everyone likes to tell you.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i posted before and i think it's gotten worse. help please. can someone tell me what i can do or how i can stop this?!

Finasteride and Minoxidil.

If you're under 20, I would NOT recommend Finasteride. In my opinion, it
is might mess with puberty.

In "theory", we can lose our hair once we hit puberty.

That said, we're not going to have tons of androgens as in our teenage years.

So, now is the time to enjoy lifting weights, f*****g/masturbating, or any of the positives
to being a man.

Last edited:

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score

As if our life ISN't over when we're thirteen (you were there, many decades ago!

In all seriousness, the pituitary gland pumps extra DHT after we go through puberty.

Without that DHT in our young adult lives, we would have a voice like Justin Bieber.

i would rather mature later than be going f*****g bald at the age of 14. i'm f*****g sick of this. no one my age has nothing NEAR a hairline that looks like mine. why f*****g me.

shookwun

Reaction score

I was very lucky for the gene to kick in, and stay and progress at a snail pace. Initially it went full throttle at sixteen, very greasy scalp and I became a NW2 over night. After that it was very slow, and gradual.

it rely does suck to experience this at such a young age. I fully know, and understand how the OP feels and I hope his experiences something similar to myself. Nothing worst then premature baldness at an aggressive pace.