14 And I f*****g Hate Myself Because Of Hair Loss.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, actually women can use it too.
Thanks, I have long hair for a guy and was worried about that. It's still out my budget because I could buy a car for cheaper instead of a laser helmet lol

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mistakingly warned for diodes, but what I meant was LEDs, you should go for laser diodes and not LEDs. (thanks to an attentive member)

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I myself wouldnt touch minoxidil. Go for a LLLT device. It is expensive in the short run (around 800$) but it lasts a lifetime and you dont need to buy minoxidil, finasteride or dutasteride your WHOLE life! So in the long run LLLT is cheaper. Above that, LLLT is NOT a drug, AND science proves it's the most efficient way to combat hairloss. Yes, even a receding hairline could reversed. I dont claim that someone who is completely bald would regain all off his hair. But in my case I recovered what was lost for 7 years. I went from Norwood 2 to a 1.5 or even better and i'm still improving. Plus my overall hear quality improved massively! Although I don't have clear before pictures, I do own a before and after (year in between those)report by a trichologist on the improvement of my hair.

The reason LLLT does not get the attention it deserves here is that the devices were ineffictive because they were not strong enough in the past or too cumbersome to use (like the comb varation which is ineffective because the duration of treatment per cm2 of scalp cannot be reached). Hence, look for a helmet that has at least 80 lasers (!) and NOT diodes. Such device would most effectively do the job. It's your best shot at recovering. Go for it, or at least read upon it!

I bought my helmet from an US based company. I think they ship to every country. I am not selling anything, therefore I dont want to mention the brand name unasked. I didnt do research on other manufacturers. Maybe there are plenty. Look for yourself. But remember at least 80 lasers and NOT diodes.

Start your research for instance at overmachogrande. Good luck!! Wish you the best.
Ok I know this is a really old post but the studies done on LLLT are bullshit. 1. There are no independent 3rd party studies they are all done by lllt companies with groups of people who were two small to be considered a good sample size or statistically significant. On top of that the main study which most companies use (done by lllt company Capillus) did not even use men who had male pattern baldness.

Most “evidence” and I use the term lightly is in the form of before and after photos which are obviously taken with different lighting and hair length to make the after photo look better.

Lllt is not even fda approved. It’s a big waste of money

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@kiddy88

Just take Finasteride and Minoxidil as soon as you can.

You're young enough that all your hair will probably grow back.

You will probably be able to be a Norwood zero until your at least 25 if you start medication
as soon as you can.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Dam, I cant imagine suffering hair loss at your age. Hopefully there will be a cure soon, so we dont have to deal with this crap...

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm 14 been suffering with this for around 5 months now. and i really can't stand it. sometimes i even think i'm depressed because of it and i hate myself. derm said it's receding and there's nothing i can do it's just in my genes. i don't know if a hair transplant is an option and how to get one.
Probably vitamin d deficient at your age...

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain man, I started at 17. Minoxidil and nizoral are probably the best course of action for a person your age with androgenetic alopecia. Definitely stay off finasteride for now no matter how many suggest it, that sh*t is way too powerful for somebody still going through puberty, you could try saw palmetto.

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain man, I started at 17. Minoxidil and nizoral are probably the best course of action for a person your age with androgenetic alopecia. Definitely stay off finasteride for now no matter how many suggest it, that sh*t is way too powerful for somebody still going through puberty, you could try saw palmetto.

Please do not suggest saw palmetto. It is still a dht inhibitor. Unfortunately his body still needs dht.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I have long hair for a guy and was worried about that. It's still out my budget because I could buy a car for cheaper instead of a laser helmet lol
Don't waste your money, you can make your own for under $100:

note the video is a bit outdated so apparently in the comments you buy the 650nm laser diodes.