13 months of succesfull treatment inc pictures

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my results including pics from the last 13 months of the following regimen:

Regimen start - December 2004
Month 1 - 4: Regaine 1ml 2 x per day, Nizoral 2 x per week
Month 4 - 7: Regaine 1ml 2 x per day and 0.5mg Finasteride (finpecia) , Nizoral 2 x per week
Month 7 - 9: Regaine 1ml 2 x per day and 1 mg Finasteride (finpecia), Nizoral 2 x per week. Started dying my hair at month 8, 2250 MSM
Month 9 - 13: Kirkland minoxidil 1ml 2 x per day and 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral 2 x per week (finpecia) 2250 MSM

In addition I've been drinking green tea on and off (havent had a cup for a month) and using some generic hair thickening shampoo but I don't think it works.

Here's the photographic evidence. As you can see I've had tremendous results (the hair dye does improve the effect, but still!!) Any questions please ask. :) On the left is the "frontside" pics and on the right the "topside" pics. I haven't put the months on the pictures as sometimes I have taken a picture a month and other times I haven't. Must admit that I've slacked recently taking less pictures than I should. Anyway they do cover the the full 13 months of my treatment from the start in December 2004 to today 2nd January 2006.

progress0rv.jpg

Britannia

Reaction score
Excellent results. Thanks for sharing.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
See what happens when you actually stick with the treatment for a minimum of 1 year?

HairLossTalk.com

G

Looks great.. Still I see that you have it longer but it looks much more full now!
how much would you say your temples and sides have grown in? in cm please ;)

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
Looks great.. Still I see that you have it longer but it looks much more full now!
how much would you say your temples and sides have grown in? in cm please ;)

Hi,

The temples haven't grown in that much to be honest. But what was there is a lot thicker (it was really thin and bearly noticable). I would say about 0.5cm (rough guesstimate). And yes, I have grown it longer because I can now without it looking to "silly". The top is far from as dense as my sides and in strong light it is still "seethrough" but hopefully that will change after another year. I can only hope. Also, i seriously recomend dying your hair if your thin on top. Find a a colour that matches your side, if your blonder (light or dark) Just for Men works fantastically. Yeah, people can see that is is dyed, but people (including men) dye their hair all the time nowadays, so it's not a problem.

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Outstanding results man. Your hairloss is almost barely noticeable now. Keep on those treatments and thanks for posting the pics!

frogprince

Reaction score
congratz on your success

i'm confused though

is "regaine" the same as "rogaine"? (did you just spell it wrong it or is it a entire different treatment?"

my hairline is similar to yours

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Regaine can be bought in Europe and is manufactured by Pfizer
Rogaine can be bought in USA (and possibly other places?) and is manufactured by Pfizer
Kirkland can be bought in the states only (I buy it from the states using ebay.) and if manufactured by Kirkland which is owned by.....Pfizer

So you see, same sh*t, different wrapping :)

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Wait a second, Kirkland is owner by the same poeple who produce rogain? This is news to me and I am surprised that this is the first time I have heard this.
Those results are friggin rediculous. Let me just confirm what my eyes just saw. You went from basically bald with a tiny amount of thin hairs left on your head and now you look like you are barely thinning. The results are so good that I almost feel like you are screwing with us?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldie,
congratulations on this amazing transformation. It is not fair to keep your username as baldie. Change it to "Fully recovered".

Britannia

Reaction score
Baldie said:
Regaine can be bought in Europe and is manufactured by Pfizer
Rogaine can be bought in USA (and possibly other places?) and is manufactured by Pfizer
Kirkland can be bought in the states only (I buy it from the states using ebay.) and if manufactured by Kirkland which is owned by.....Pfizer

So you see, same $#iT, different wrapping :)

Actually Kirkland is available worldwide.

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I'll keep posting more pics as I take them.

I'm not completly "recovered" as some of you say. My top is still thin but I'm using Just for men to colour it and it looks a lot denser than it actually is. Also, my crown is still rather thin. That's where I'm struggeling most. Don't get me wrong, I could not have asked for better results, but I still want more :p

G

Congratulations!

hehe, you should change your nick now, from Baldie to Boldie!

cheers.