13 months in (propecia only)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
CatchItEarly said:
Then why did i grow all this body hair as soon as i started hitting the gym. i think it has impacted me, i have gained alot of body weight (muscle) and lost alot of fat ever since i started. but as for its impact on my hairloss, idk.

lifting weights does nothign to permanently alter your hormones....you test spikes...just like when your having sex..you have a test spike...but you return to baseline within a couple of hours.

To: JayMan
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 am
Subject: hey so whats your opinion Quote message
please don't think i'm a weirdo or something but i would like to know your opinion on masturbation and dht.

:hairy:

o god.

JayWalker69

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayWalker69 said:
Only 22? I was 23 when that pic was taken.

And yes, you would probably get results with half a pill a day. The thing is though, it seems to vary with every individual.

Heres my theory:

Some people have excess DHT in their bodies and some people have very little. People with lots of DHT would have lots of arm hair, chest hair, back hair, etc etc. People with very little would not have these traits.

Some peoples hair is susceptible to DHT. Those that are susceptible have hair falling out, those that aren't, don't.

People whose hair is susceptible to DHT and have excess amounts are bald and will bald early. People who arne't susceptible but have lots of DHT (think alex baldwin or something) may or may not bald. Same thing with people who have little DHT. The best case I guess would be not susceptible and little DHT.

Ok, so what relevance does this have? I think people who have excess DHT but who aren't overly susceptible to the effects of DHT will be most successful on propecia.

I myself noticed an increase in arm and chest hair several months before the thinning. This seemed to correspond to me hitting the gym a lot and gaining testosterone (not that I want to discourage anyone from going to the gym).

On propecia, my arm hair has become wispy and little boy-ish.

So if you have noticed new body hair and you're well past puberty or you suspect you for some reason may have increased DHT then I think propecia is for you.

Note: I'm not a scientist, this is only my opinion.

not to be an ***....but your opinion is wrong.

Maybe your opinion is wrong?

But I don't want to turn my post into a flamewar. Let's just assume that working out does not affect your hair because it probably doesn't. I happened to notice a correlation but let's not forget that correlation does not equal causation. I could just as easily blame it on taking a new multi vitamin or something stupid like that.

G

Back to the topic. I see no improvement. The second pic was taken in a different angle. Your crown still looks very thin. Sry, but just had to say this, maybe you post another pic and manage to convince me.

JayWalker69

Reaction score
First, it's not my intent to "convince" you that my hair's gotten better. I already know it has. I could care less what you think.

Second, different angle? It's straight down, it's the same angle, same distance. Both shots taken in the dark with flash.

I've read a lot of what you've written over the last 6 or 7 months, Taugenichts. It is my opinion that you need to seek professional help, if you haven't already.

Cheers

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Back to the topic. I see no improvement. The second pic was taken in a different angle. Your crown still looks very thin. Sry, but just had to say this, maybe you post another pic and manage to convince me.

you obviously need to get your eyes checked cuz not only has the balding area got a ton better in only 7 months the actual hair quality and density is 10 times better. and how the hell is the angle different its prob one of the best comparisons in the exact angle and hair style ive seen on this site in a while.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
wow outstanding results!

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
holy cow!
I have the same pattern baldness on the top of my scalp as you in your first pic.

good results man.