12 years after graduation: only 2 of my (former) highschool friends are bald

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
never went to high school reunion parties, moved to another country a few years after and basically lost contact

anyways nothing better to do today so i wanted to catch up. googled a bit, went through a few linkedin profiles today, cant say i was NOT disappointed when i realized literally most of them are at least norwood 3

especially that one kid who was already norwood 2 with 16 and i was sure would be bald by now is somehow still norwood 3...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive said it a trillion times so i guess i'll say it again mainly for guests reading this but norwood 2 isn't even hair loss. just a shitty reason to pretend to have hair loss for the BDD psychos here, which unfortunatley is a huge portion of posters here

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive said it a trillion times so i guess i'll say it again mainly for guests reading this but norwood 2 isn't even hair loss. just a shitty reason to pretend to have hair loss for the BDD psychos here, which unfortunatley is a huge portion of posters here
NW2 at 16 is bad, though. I don't mean unideal, it's genuinely bad. While NW2 at say 25 is ok

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2 in your 20s - sure no one will think you are a balding man, but it is not a good look. I'd compare it with being 5'8 height - sure no one will call you unusually short, but the effect in the dating world is astronomical.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 is never "ok". Is aceptable. Is better than NW3 beyond. But even a NW2 can destroy your looks, specially if you have a boyish face.
Most guys I know are NW2-3 and they can't even tell that they're balding lol

Most of them have an okay face anyway so it doesn't really matter. They do just alright with women cuz lbr most guys and girls are just ok looking.

But if you have a good face it's definitely worth maintaining/transplanting NW1

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2 in your 20s - sure no one will think you are a balding man, but it is not a good look. I'd compare it with being 5'8 height - sure no one will call you unusually short, but the effect in the dating world is astronomical.
I think you are a bit exaggerating, imo a better analogy for a NW2 in his 20s would be being 5'10, at that height you are neither short nor tall, it doesn't subtract from your looks but it doesn't help you either.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only one guy from my high school/junior high/kindergarden years is bald. Of all guys I've studied with.
exactly , meanwhile i have read people here who claim norwood 7! is not uncommon for people in their tweenties? and its not like im from asia or south america or something..

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only two are bald but all of them are balding, most likely. Plus, how do you know they are not "cheating"? Hair systems apparently have gotten less clockable as we MtF's call it.

Also, anyone ever notice how journalists and authors often use pictures from years back? Then you see them in real life and they are unrecognizable? I never go to facebook anymore but my picture there is from law school which was more years ago than I care to admit....

Min and finasteride are hardly a secret these days, also and very few people are unable to use either or both. It's just on here that it seems so because this is basically a solutions site so it abounds with people who are either finasteride/Min non-responders or the side-effects horde.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most guys I know are NW2-3 and they can't even tell that they're balding lol

Most of them have an okay face anyway so it doesn't really matter. They do just alright with women cuz lbr most guys and girls are just ok looking.

But if you have a good face it's definitely worth maintaining/transplanting NW1
I think older guys can pull out a NW3 easily. But young guys with a NW3 look atrocious IMO

Last edited:

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
exactly , meanwhile i have read people here who claim norwood 7! is not uncommon for people in their tweenties? and its not like im from asia or south america or something..
Well, I can only speak for my region. Right here in my neighborhood/city hair loss is not as common in guys in their 20's. Not all. But 2 guys in their 20's in my family are NW6-7. I'm in my 20's and I'm here so...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
at the store i worked at with about 100 people, that was about 80% white and 20% black, there was only like 4 or 5 bald guys, including myself. and only like 2 or 3 young bald guys including myself

its also a rural southern inbred area so idk that might make baldness more common.

but there were a lot of visibly balding guys, like 10 or 20 at a guesstimate.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
at the store i worked at with about 100 people, that was about 80% white and 20% black, there was only like 4 or 5 bald guys, including myself. and only like 2 or 3 young bald guys including myself

its also a rural southern inbred area so idk that might make baldness more common.

but there were a lot of visibly balding guys, like 10 or 20 at a guesstimate.
Every man balds sometime in his lifetime. Androgens make you go bald, it's a fact. Some are genetically gifted to not be so sensitive as the "average" man lol.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every man balds sometime in his lifetime. Androgens make you go bald, it's a fact. Some are genetically gifted to not be so sensitive as the "average" man lol.
thats exaggerating. theres some age related thinning most men go through but they have to be like 70 or 80+

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone undergoes age related thinning. No man has the same hair quality in their mid 30s as they did when they were 20. For women too, except since they have estrogen to make up for it, they usually do not notice hair quality difference until their mid 40s. No one can escape this, and no medications can prevent this. Your hair will age just like any other part of your body. However while this thinning may affect styling, it does not drastically affect the appearance of your hair until your elderly years.

However that is not the same as male pattern baldness, that's a different beast. Male pattern baldness is NOT common, and a majority of guys even in their 30s are not balding.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone undergoes age related thinning. No man has the same hair quality in their mid 30s as they did when they were 20. For women too, except since they have estrogen to make up for it, they usually do not notice hair quality difference until their mid 40s. No one can escape this, and no medications can prevent this. Your hair will age just like any other part of your body. However while this thinning may affect styling, it does not drastically affect the appearance of your hair until your elderly years.

However that is not the same as male pattern baldness, that's a different beast. Male pattern baldness is NOT common, and a majority of guys even in their 30s are not balding.
*cries in his balding teenie years*