12-o-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (tpa) Via Wnt/β-catenin Signaling

bboy4

Reaction score
Melanocyte stem cells (McSCs) undergo cyclical activation and quiescence together with hair follicle stem cells (HFSCs). This process is strictly controlled by the autonomous and extrinsic signaling environment. However, the modulation of factors important for the activation of McSCs for hair pigmentation remains unclear. 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) mimics vital signaling pathways involved in melanocyte growth and melanogenesis in vitro. To investigate whether TPA regulates quiescent McSCs for hair pigmentation, we topically smeared TPA on 7-week-old mouse dorsal skin and found that TPA stimulated hair growth and hair matrix pigmentation. These changes were associated with a significant increase in the number of hair bulb melanocytes. Moreover, in the TPA-treated group, hair bulge McSCs and hair bulb melanoblasts actively proliferated. At the molecular level, nuclear β-catenin, a key factor of Wnt/β-catenin signaling, was highly synthesized in melanocytes and keratinocytes in TPA-induced hair bulbs. Inhibition of Wnt/β-catenin signaling by injecting Dickkopf1 plasmids into TPA-treated skin decreased hair matrix pigmentation and inhibited the proliferation and differentiation of McSCs. Our findings suggest that the topical application of TPA stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of McSCs and their progeny for hair matrix pigmentation by activating Wnt/β-catenin signaling. This might provide a useful experimental model for the study of signals controlling the activation of McSCs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27464529

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Too technical and boring

What kind of response is this exactly? Hairloss is an extremely technical and widely unknown process. It's the effort of the community extracting what they can from technical papers and studies that have given us some of the experimental options we have today.

OP, thanks for the post.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of response is this exactly? Hairloss is an extremely technical and widely unknown process. It's the effort of the community extracting what they can from technical papers and studies that have given us some of the experimental options we have today.

OP, thanks for the post.

Look up Nadia's posting history to better understand.

bboy4

Reaction score
Too technical and boring

It's pretty straight forward.... It's a study further demonstrating the role of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway in hair growth. This is the mechanism of action of SM04554, I'm assuming you know what that is? It also showed that TPA here also modulated the pigment of the hair. That could mean therapies that target the wnt pathway might be also be able to control/restore pigment to the hair.

If you can't even be bothered to expend the minimum level of intellectual effort to understand the mechanism of action of one of the most promising areas of therapy for hair loss, you might ask yourself why you're bothering to post in the most esoteric sub-section of the cutting edge/ experimental treatment area of the forum in the first place.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you speak of Brotzu , the guyof hairloss2020 also says it sucks.You will let me go with it
That's not the point. Your comments are just overly negative without anything to back them up. Even if it turns out to be sub par we will know it from Fidia as they have an actual ongoing trial (unless they don't release the results which will prove if it's bull****).

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
as soon as one critics , we are negative.
People think with their baldness and not their brains
Brotzu 's lotion is only soybean naturel.Eat and see that crap and say if it makes you push hair.There is a post of seuxin explains things better than me.Go and consult.I don't have any time to spendto explain. to that sh*t of snake oil.
stop feeding me with it the psychorigids !!!!!