12 month+ update

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
oh well,i`ve been on minoxidil/finasteride for over a year now.
and overall a can honestly say the only thing i`ve noticed is that my hair line has been completly abliterated! the rest of my hair looks roughly the same as it did 12 months ago.(thin!)
im not sure if im expected to see anything good from this point onwards.
What really gets up my nose is i`ve lost 4 times as much hair around my hairline in the last 6-12 months than i had in the previous 6 years!
this has to be connected to the sh*t i take and keep slapping on.Its as though i have experienced shedding without hair growing back.
I have not heard from any that hit the 12 month mark without noticing anything to suddenly growing hair in the places that mattered.
Im 90% sure i`d be in a better position now if i`d of done nothing.If i was suposed to have grown hair it would of happened by now.
Im going to finish the meds i have left(3 months) then stop wasting my money on something thats obviously not working.

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
I had at least hoped for some noticable improvement.
have any of you out there seen any improvement after the 12 month mark?
There are tiny vellus hairs where the hair used to be(if you look really hard!).should i hang on in there?
This is the first time since i started the meds that i feel this fucked off!

James

Reaction score
Are you using nizoral as well?

I read some message's here that your finasteride will not work if you are not using nizoral shampoo....

This is from Hairlosstalk's story:

Results: Nothing but shedding and worsened scalp condition, itching, inflammation for the first 4 months. Finally someone told me that I need to be using Nizoral shampoo as well. Nizoral fixed everything. By month 8 my hair was thickening back up. Went through several very bad sheds up front, but rode them out because I knew the science behind Propecia was real. Had literally 2.5 years of zero hair problems. Hair thickened up to normal right up front. Didn't think about hair loss again.

See also:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

Good luck...

p.s. i'm using the "big three" for two months now and i HOPE i'm recovering from the first shed, or else I might be in the same boat as you....

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
I tried nizoral,all it did was make the itching worse.
I`ve thought about adding something else to the mix,but if the main 2 dont work,whats the chance of anything else working.
Anyone had success with other treatments after none with finasteride/min alone?
i`ve heard about 15% minoxidil,xandrox etc.
any bad responders had any success with those?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
how much worse are u?..have u dropped off sonme nowrwoods?
I hate these stories if i went from what forums say id think treatments dont work at all

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
Not sure with the norwood scale.
i remember when i started the treatment that i could gel my hair and not worry about people noticing.Now its quite clear when i use gel that im a lot thiner.
I could also flick my fringe up and make it look good.But now i have to brush all my hair forward to make it look reasonable due to alarming loss around the temples.
Like i said earlier,i was`nt hoping for a lot,just a slight thickening of the temples.