12 dutasteride capsules in 60ml minoxidil

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought I would try something different before I start taking my dutasteride oraly.

Was thinking of 12 capsules of dutasteride into 60ml of minoxidil and apply 1x a day. What do you think will happen?

I will still be taking Propecia and spironolactone.

oni

Reaction score
ermmmmm a waste of 12 dutasteride pills and 60mls of minoxidil, maybe! :D

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, that is the worst. I think it likely will inhibit 5ar1 in your scalp, but that will not be enough to help your hair. Now if you are already taking dutasteride orally, the topical could make 0.5mg/day dutasteride almost as strong as 2.5mg/day, perhaps. But you need to add octyl salicilate and some oleic acid to increase absorption of the dutasteride. This is for people who want power, not people who are trying to avoid side effects.

CCS

Reaction score
but maybe since 5ar1 binding is reversible, the dutasteride will just slow it down temporarily and then leave the sebum gland. The nice thing about taking it internally is it is always there.

If you put it on your head, you might get 10% inside if you are lucky and use the penetration enhancers, compared to 60% in the gut. It could be a waste of dutasteride, or it could be a strong dose to the sebum glands.

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Will 12 capsules dissolve in 60 mLs?

CCS

Reaction score
easily. just cut them open and don't leave the shells in there too long.